Re: Proposal Acceptance.

Message has been deleted

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay

Apr 20, 2015, 12:31:53 AM4/20/15
to google-summer-...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 9:50 AM, Ramesh Singh
<rameshsin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I applied for GSOC under one of the organisations. I had an excellent
> proposal as I worked on it for a long time and contacted the mentors well
> too. But yet I have not received any feedback from the mentors about the
> proposal. Do I have still a chance to get selected for GSOC? Thanks in
> advance,

Have you followed the approach specified by the organization (specific
mailing lists, IRC etc)? The final list of selected and accepted
proposals would be made public as per the timeline.

<https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/events/google/gsoc2015>

27 April: 19:00 UTC Accepted student proposals announced on the Google
Summer of Code 2015 site.

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<https://about.me/sankarshan.mukhopadhyay>

Carol Smith

Apr 20, 2015, 12:18:06 PM4/20/15
to Google Summer of Code Discuss
Hi there,

On Sun, Apr 19, 2015 at 9:37 PM, Ramesh Singh <rameshsin...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Sankarshan,

       I am following their mailing list. They have not notified of anything after the student proposal time has ended and nor any post I make appears on the mailing list. My doubt is that Is there a chance for me to get selected if the mentors do not contact me at all before 27th.

Yes, you still have a chance to be accepted. Some orgs just choose not to interact with students during the proposal review stage, that's their prerogative and has nothing to do with acceptance or rejection.

Thanks,
Carol