International student in U.S. university - work permission question

Aleksandar Makelov

Mar 27, 2012, 9:11:24 PM3/27/12
to Google Summer of Code Discuss
Hi all,

I'm a resident of Bulgaria, but I'm currently an undergraduate at
university in the U.S., and as such I can only work at the campus of
the university during the academic year. However, my summer break
starts on May 13th (and on May 14th I'll be back in Bulgaria) and ends
on September 1st, while coding for GSoC starts on May 21st and ends in
August - so everything's O.K., right? (Is everything O.K.? :) )

Cheers,

Aleksandar Makelov

Carol Smith

Mar 28, 2012, 12:14:41 PM3/28/12
to google-summer-...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I believe you're asking about the dates you'll be coding. You'll want to speak to your mentoring organization about your project's specific timeline if this is the case.

Thanks,
Carol

Aleksandar Makelov

Apr 2, 2012, 6:44:16 PM4/2/12
to Google Summer of Code Discuss
So the terms of service say the following:
"...you are eligible to work in the country in which you will reside
throughout the duration of the program;"

But what is the duration of the program exactly? Should I ask the
mentoring organization about that too? I mean, is the date when I
start coding considered the beginning
of the duration of the program?

Alex

On Mar 28, 12:14 pm, Carol Smith <car...@google.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 6:11 PM, Aleksandar Makelov <

xhw...@uw.edu

Jan 11, 2017, 6:43:32 PM1/11/17
to Google Summer of Code Discuss, amak...@college.harvard.edu
Does GSoC allow work from home online?