Question about Restircted Countries

Илья Захаркин

Jan 4, 2017, 6:27:36 PM1/4/17
to Google Summer of Code Discuss
Hi!
I am the russian student and I want to participate in GSoC 2017, but I have seen my country (Russia) in "Restricted Countries 2016" list.
So please, could you help and answer the question - will I have troubles with participating in GSoC or I just can`t get promotional items?
Thanks :)

gsoc-s...@google.com

Jan 4, 2017, 6:44:29 PM1/4/17
to google-summer-...@googlegroups.com
Hello-

Russian students are welcome to participate in Google Summer of Code, but we are unable to ship any promotional items because of customs issues.

Thanks for your interest!

Eurico Nicacio

Jan 4, 2017, 10:19:18 PM1/4/17
to google-summer-...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

I am from a restricted country too. I completely understand the situation with the promotional items, but is there any problem concerning the stipend? Are we still eligible to receive it even being from a restricted country?

Thanks!

On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 3:26 PM, Илья Захаркин <ilyaza...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi!
I am the russian student and I want to participate in GSoC 2017, but I have seen my country (Russia) in "Restricted Countries 2016" list.
So please, could you help and answer the question - will I have troubles with participating in GSoC or I just can`t get promotional items?
Thanks :)

gsoc-s...@google.com

Jan 5, 2017, 3:50:54 PM1/5/17
to google-summer-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eurico-

Students residing in restricted countries will still receive a stipend for their work.