Documentation from google if using GSOC16 for applying university credit course.

Shubham Rajput

Jul 5, 2016, 12:46:05 AM7/5/16
to Google Summer of Code Discuss
I have read somewhere that google will provide the related document at the end of the program if the student wish to apply GSoC2016 for credit in university.Is it true?

Dirk Haun

Jul 5, 2016, 4:39:18 AM7/5/16
to google-summer-...@googlegroups.com
Yes, it's mentioned in the FAQ: https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/faq#can_i_earn_course_credit_for_participating_in_gsoc

Note that it says "can", not "will", i.e. you will have to ask for this documentation. AFAIK, you won't get it automatically.

Dirk

On Sun, Jul 3, 2016 at 6:36 PM, Shubham Rajput <shubham...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have read somewhere that google will provide the related document at the end of the program if the student wish to apply GSoC2016 for credit in university.Is it true?

Josh Simmons

Jul 6, 2016, 2:05:21 PM7/6/16
to google-summer-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for chiming in, Dirk!

Shubham,

We can furnish a Curricular Practical Training letter which may be useful in getting your university to provide credit for GSOC. Here's the form to fill out if you need that letter: http://goo.gl/forms/pVPg0Y9QMxtHgEDD2

Best,
Josh
--
Josh Simmons

Open Source Programs | San Francisco, CA