Organization participation

Dionisis Gournas

Jan 18, 2018, 2:31:53 AM1/18/18
to Google Summer of Code Discuss
Dear all,

I would like to ask you if it is necessary for the participating organizations to be running an ongoing open-source software. If the company has run open-source software in the past is it ok?

Thank you in advance!

Joel Sherrill

Jan 18, 2018, 10:55:42 AM1/18/18
to google-summer-...@googlegroups.com
I am not a Google employee and thus this is not an official answer but...

"open-source software in the past" implies that there is no currently active project
for a student to participate in.

Active free and open source projects are eligible to participate. Based on
previous responses, GSoC is not the vehicle to start a new project.

--joel

Stephanie Taylor

Jan 19, 2018, 5:24:20 AM1/19/18
to Google Summer of Code
Joel's answer is correct. You must have an active open source project.

- Google Code-in, our contest introducing 13-17 year old pre-university students to open source development, runs from November 28, 2017 - January 17, 2018. Please visit the contest site at g.co/gci for more information.

 Stephanie Taylor
 Open Source Programs, Google