How to contact organisations?

mayank singh

Jan 18, 2018, 2:32:58 AM1/18/18
to Google Summer of Code Discuss
I keep hearing that I should ping them on their IRC channels, but honestly I don't understand what does that mean.
Can someone please elaborate it?

2016ccaan...@poornima.edu.in

Jan 24, 2018, 3:46:24 PM1/24/18
to Google Summer of Code Discuss
Check previous year GSOC org list from Gsoc wesite. There you will find there mail id. Mail them and tell them you are interested in contributing to there projects. they will be happy to help you.

On Thursday, January 18, 2018 at 1:02:58 PM UTC+5:30, mayank singh wrote:
I keep hearing that I should ping them on their IRC channels, but honestly I don't understand what does that mean.
Can someone please elaborate it?

This email and the information it contains are confidential and may be privileged. If you have received this email in error please notify me immediately. You should not copy it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person. Internet communications are not secure and, therefore, Poornima University does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message as it has been transmitted over a public network. If you suspect the message may have been intercepted or amended please contact us.

ansh...@gmail.com

Jan 26, 2018, 7:57:03 AM1/26/18
to Google Summer of Code Discuss
IRC Channels are popular forms of communicating. You can join on free node and chat as a user and as soon as you close the window, you exit the chat. There's also timeout to exit. You can use any software/site for communication. I would say try 'Hexchat' and join IRC channel by typing #organisation_name