Kicking start the GSOC 2017

Buddhi Vikasitha

Dec 26, 2016, 1:41:31 PM12/26/16
to Google Summer of Code Discuss
Hi all here,

I'm Buddhi Vikasitha. I hope to join the upcoming GSOC as an undergraduate of University of Moratuwa. I have an overview and an idea about the GSOC and have had a little guidance from various people. I really hope to join with a cooperation and work for them in this GSOC. But as a starter I have some questions that I would like to ask here. So I'm starting this topic. Hope it will help someone with little but not too much of knowledge about GSOC.

- What do you suggest me to do start with GSOC as pro's in it?
- Will trying to do projects from last year's GSOC help?
- How likely are they to come back again in this year's GSOC?

Then, I have an experience in open source with PHP, javascript, Java, MySQL, Angular, Symfony and other related technologies. I am looking for a web related cooperation as I see myself as a web developer in future. Any tips on that? :)

Hope I'll get the start I need. Thanks in advance.