Phase evaluation

malikm...@gmail.com

May 19, 2018, 12:36:44 PM5/19/18
to Google Summer of Code Discuss
Hi,
Are phase evaluation based on deliverables mentioned in my proposal or it is upto mentor to set the deliverable and pass and fail student accordingly ?

Christopher Sean Morrison

May 19, 2018, 2:31:56 PM5/19/18
to google-summer-...@googlegroups.com

> On May 19, 2018, at 4:14 AM, malikm...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> Hi,
> Are phase evaluation based on deliverables mentioned in my proposal or it is upto mentor to set the deliverable and pass and fail student accordingly ?

Expectations and “deliverables” should be mutually agreed upon. The proposed deliverables often change after discussions and work.

If you’re having a hard time and think you’re not going to meet your deliverables, talk with your mentor. If you’re way ahead of schedule, think of some new deliverables and talk with your mentor.

When in doubt, talk. When not in doubt, talk. ;)

Cheers!
Sean

Mohit Malik

May 21, 2018, 11:22:22 AM5/21/18
to google-summer-...@googlegroups.com
My mentor told me to add some more work/projects along with my selected project. So the deadline to complete my original project is changed than that mentioned in my proposal. He told, he will fail me if I not complete this in 2 weeks. Can he technically fail me if I not complete it in his given deadline as my original proposal does have different deadline ?