I didn't participate in GSOC . Can I apply for mentorship ?

Ashok Rex

Apr 3, 2015, 10:04:03 AM4/3/15
to google-summer-...@googlegroups.com
I didn't participate in GSOC . Can I apply for mentorship ?

Carol Smith

Apr 3, 2015, 10:43:27 AM4/3/15
to Google Summer of Code Discuss
Hi there,

On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 11:52 PM, Ashok Rex <ashok.r...@gmail.com> wrote:
I didn't participate in GSOC . Can I apply for mentorship ?

Do you mean "get a mentor" or do you mean "become a mentor"?

If you're just looking for someone to mentor you through participating in open source software development, I'd recommend you find the organization you're interested in contributing to and make an initial contact with them telling them you'd like to volunteer and you're looking for someone to help you further with the contribution. They can help you take it from there.

If you want to be a mentor, please note that this is generally only a role that folks who have been routinely contributing to an organization fulfill. If you're already doing that, then just simply talk to the organization you're mentoring for, and they can add you to a project if they so choose.

Cheers,
Carol