Participating from Russian Federation

Rostislav Povelikin

Sep 22, 2017, 2:15:34 PM9/22/17
to Google Summer of Code Discuss
Hi,

As far as I understand from the details on GSoC web site - it's prohibited to participate in the GSoC if you are from the countries that are USA embargoed.
E.g. due to wiki Russian Federation is not a country which is embargoed by US, but still i want to clarify, is it possible to participate for people from RF

Thanks!

Stephanie Taylor

Sep 23, 2017, 5:33:06 PM9/23/17
to Google Summer of Code
Hello Rostislav,

As far as I understand from the details on GSoC web site - it's prohibited to participate in the GSoC if you are from the countries that are USA embargoed.

That is correct.

E.g. due to wiki Russian Federation is not a country which is embargoed by US, but still i want to clarify, is it possible to participate for people from RF

Yes, we have many students from Russian Federation that participate each year.

Best,
Stephanie