Has this OAuth2 project gone dormant? I see regular updates until September, 2013

Joe White

Mar 17, 2014, 7:41:55 PM3/17/14
to google-oauth...@googlegroups.com
Is this library still under active development?  After active work in 2013 there appear to be no "new version" announcements for the last half year.

Daniel Wang

Mar 18, 2014, 12:46:59 PM3/18/14
to google-oauth...@googlegroups.com
Yes and a new release is to be expected.

Andrew Festa

Mar 26, 2014, 7:24:55 AM3/26/14
to google-oauth...@googlegroups.com
Will this new release upgrade the Http Commons dependent library to the 4.1.x series?

Daniel Wang

Mar 26, 2014, 1:55:12 PM3/26/14
to google-oauth...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrew,

Are you talking about httpcore and httpclient libraries? We are continuing using 4.0.1 version of them in the upcoming release. Are there any features from the 4.1.x that are particularly interesting to you?

Andrew Festa

Mar 27, 2014, 8:09:49 AM3/27/14
to google-oauth...@googlegroups.com
Hi Daniel,  you're correct, I meant the httpclient library.  I was interested in that because I have some other dependencies (newer versions of spring-social) that require the newer versions of those libraries.

Alex

Apr 4, 2014, 5:26:56 PM4/4/14
to google-oauth...@googlegroups.com
Daniel,   Does that apply to GAE as well?

The docs say that google-oauth-java-client is built on google-http-java-client, and that the Apache http library does not work on GAE:

Do not try ApacheHttpTransport because it will definitely fail on Google App Engine.

If you do have Apache Http Client bundled into google-oauth-java-client on GAE, that would be great (lots of libraries depend on it and I didn't think they could be used on GAE).  I agree with Andrew though: it would be nice though if you could upgrade at some point to a newer version for greater compatibility with other libraries.

Alex.