How can I do this with the v3 Maps API?

SamF

Jan 12, 2011, 5:25:30 PM1/12/11
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
I'm trying to create a maps application where the user would be
presented with a google map that would display markers for all nearby
locations of a type, like for example, tennis courts. The problem is I
can't seem to find an appropriate API that I can use to search for
tennis courts nearby to display on the map that isn't deprecated. Does
anyone have any idea how I can query google for a type of location so
I can display them on the map?

-Sam F

Martin Matysiak

Jan 13, 2011, 5:17:54 AM1/13/11
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
Using the Google Places API you could output the different
establishments in your area. You can't search for a specific type,
though. Instead you could filter the results by their "type"
attribute. See more on: http://code.google.com/intl/en/apis/maps/documentation/places/#PlaceSearches

I'm not sure if it outputs tennis courts and is limited to 20 results
per search query, but at least it's better than nothing ;-)

Paul Ferguson

Dec 3, 2015, 4:19:40 PM12/3/15
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
SamF, did this solution work for you?  Or did you find a better way?

TIA!