Google Maps API Key not valid

Lee Armstrong

Jan 3, 2012, 4:37:00 AM1/3/12
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
A few weeks back my site stopped working when I had the key in my
request.

The key is a valid key from the API console but an error shows in the
JS log of...

The provided key is not a valid Google API Key, or it is not
authorized for the Google Maps Javascript API v3 on this site. If you
are the owner of this application, you can learn about obtaining a
valid key here: http://code.google.com/apis/maps/documentation/javascript/tutorial.html#Obtaining_Key

Geoff Schultz

Jan 3, 2012, 7:30:14 AM1/3/12
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
> valid key here:http://code.google.com/apis/maps/documentation/javascript/tutorial.ht...

If you're using V3, did you shouldn't be providing a key. If you're
using V2, this is the wrong forum.
Read http://groups.google.com/group/google-maps-js-api-v3/browse_thread/thread/a097fb23915d01d6#

-- Geoff

Jeremy Geerdes

Jan 3, 2012, 7:46:22 AM1/3/12
to google-map...@googlegroups.com

Actually, you can obtain a v3 key through the API Console for the purposes of monitoring your usage (e.g., how much of the transaction limit you're using). But there have been sporatic reports of issues with the API Console where keys for various services have abruptly stopped working. I would suggest that the original poster post to the Google AJAX APIs group because the issue seems to be in the Console and the Console dev team at least monitors that group.

Jg