Panoramio and Weather libraries status ?

Rob McMahon

Jun 8, 2015, 12:22:37 PM6/8/15
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
Can someone from Google give an update on the status of the Panoramio and Weather libraries which were due to be phased out this weekend.
I read this recent post on https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/panoramio-questions-support/1jOMbwyWli4 which indicates a welcome change of plans for Panoramio.

"So today, after listening to community feedback about the future of the platform, we’re pleased to let you know that there won’t be any immediate changes to Panoramio. Instead of aligning the community with Views, we’ve gone back to the drawing board to work on a more integrated solution that supports you and your content directly within Google Maps."

The examples on these pages which use the libraries are still working at the moment but there is a notice saying that they won't be available after 4th June 2015  :

I'm hoping that both these Google Maps libraries can still be made available since I and a lot of other people find them useful.
If the libraries are retired can it be done in a way that won't break code that use them ?

Enoch Lau (Google Employee)

Jun 15, 2015, 9:36:40 AM6/15/15
to google-map...@googlegroups.com, rob...@gmail.com
The statement below about Panoramio does not apply to the Panoramio Layer.

The layers will stop working in a manner that does not break websites - instantiating a PanoramioLayer or WeatherLayer will simply do nothing (and not throw an error).

Enoch