map that updates on user input using js and ajax

Istvan Lovas

Dec 17, 2015, 11:19:32 PM12/17/15
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
Hi!

I was trying to find out how does a google map functionality work on a website but i just can't figure it out.
I would like to implement something very similar but more modern into a website i am creating.
Here is the link to the webpage that contains what i am talking about: http://ahbnllp.co.uk/transactions.php

Basically You choose an option from the dropdown menu and the map updates and also a list being created.
Can You please point me to the right direction please?

Thank You

Istvan Lovas

ralfwessels

Dec 19, 2015, 8:09:02 AM12/19/15
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
Hi Istvan,

To create a map like the example you can use the Google Maps JavaScript API.
You can find many examples and tutorials, if you are google for "google maps api show hide categories".

You can also look in the sourcecode of this example: http://www.ralf-wessels.de/test/apiv3/marker_categories.html  - so it has Checkboxes instead of a dropdownlist, but this is just HTML.

ralf