Can Web Feature Service (WFS) be implemented with API v3?

Joseph Elfelt

May 25, 2013, 10:53:55 AM5/25/13
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
I know how to display data from a WMS service with v3 but now I am looking into the WFS world.

Is there a reasonable way to display WFS data on a v3 map and let the user click stuff on the map and then display the property data coming from the WFS service?

Googling has failed to shed much light and the stackoverflow crowd does not like general questions of this sort.

Barry Hunter

May 29, 2013, 1:16:05 PM5/29/13
to google-maps-js-api-v3
Look how OpenLayers does it

In fact OpenLayers has a legimate wrapper around the Google Maps API, so you could use OpenLayers, and the Google Maps API together.

Joseph Elfelt

May 29, 2013, 5:09:29 PM5/29/13
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Barry.
I'll check out those links.

Garthan

Jan 28, 2014, 8:12:45 AM1/28/14
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
My GeoXml parser supports GML and GPX not just KML... although since there are various flavors and v3 is kind of still in progress perhaps we could give it a try
and adjust to fit?

do you have a WFS sevice we can point it at?

Joseph Elfelt

Feb 18, 2014, 11:02:22 PM2/18/14
to google-map...@googlegroups.com

Garthan

Mar 6, 2014, 11:59:38 PM3/6/14
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
ideally we need a WFS/layer which supports latlon or the spherical web mercator projection the parser doesnt have reprojection code
though there is some utilities out there which could be leveraged to do that like proj4.

It has been quite a while since Interacted with it.. but the main premise is you put in a url which causes a GML response from your WFS and the parser handles it (The url needs to specify things like the layer/feature you want and its bounding box etc.)

GML kind of lacks styling so it will default to random colors

Garthan

Mar 7, 2014, 9:20:32 PM3/7/14
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
 Here is an example of the GeoXml Parser loading an Xml which was originally a WFS server response...

It was from a GeoServer I had up at one time ... shows the USA states polygons.

ralfwessels

Mar 8, 2014, 5:56:33 AM3/8/14
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
Hi Garthan,

I cannot see the WFS-Layer in your example - Firebug gives me 2 errors.

ralf

Garthan

Mar 15, 2014, 10:06:56 PM3/15/14
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
Could you specify more... its working for me?

I have been having a lot of issues posting to the web server where the examples are home files getting corrupted and such
its very annoying that Google code no longer posting downloads...

I see your post is  from last weekend so it possible the problem was fixed in between.

(perhaps delete cacheing in your browser before rechecking?)

chris marx

Mar 23, 2014, 10:22:59 AM3/23/14
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
If your WFS server supports geojson (Geoserver does), then you could use the sweet new data layer -