Where is the Issue tracker moving to?

barryhunter

Aug 5, 2015, 7:03:13 AM8/5/15
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
Google Code - that hosts the issue Tracker

is going 'Read Only' by the end of the month.

Where is this being migrated to instead?

ralfwessels

Aug 6, 2015, 3:12:05 AM8/6/15
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
Hi Barry,

"Google Code's data will remain online for a long time"

Thats what this information site says: https://code.google.com/p/support/wiki/ReadOnlyTransition

... and more:
If you have any questions, please contact google-cod...@google.com.

Ralf

Andrew Leach

Aug 6, 2015, 7:02:07 AM8/6/15
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
[Email response has not appeared yet. I suppose it might turn up at some point.]

I think Barry's point is that there needs to be an issue tracker, and it needs to be kept updated.

If the existing issue tracker is going read-only, then it's no longer fit for purpose in keeping track of issues, and there needs to be a replacement.

It's not for the Google Code team to provide that replacement, if they are responsible for the decision to make it read-only; if they were responsible, they wouldn't change anything and would just keep it going!

It's for the Google Maps team to provide an issue tracker, and this is the forum to ask about that.

Mark McDonald

Aug 6, 2015, 11:50:26 PM8/6/15
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3

Hi folks,

I can confirm that this particular tracker will remain read / write for now (beyond the advertised date), just until we find a new home.

I'll reply here when we have more news to share.

Thanks
Mark McDonald (on behalf of the Maps API team)

Alan Smith

Aug 6, 2015, 11:53:27 PM8/6/15
to google-map...@googlegroups.com

So why release the incorrect notices in the first place?

Andrew Leach

Mark McDonald

Aug 7, 2015, 12:05:25 AM8/7/15
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
The notice applies generally to projects hosted on code.google.com and is correct in that sense. We have a special exemption for this project.

Apologies for the confusion.

Barry Hunter

Aug 7, 2015, 11:08:45 AM8/7/15
to google-maps-js-api-v3

I can confirm that this particular tracker will remain read / write for now (beyond the advertised date), just until we find a new home.

Thank you, thats good to know!