Static Tooltip Linked To Marker

corneliusparkin

Jun 16, 2011, 6:55:11 AM6/16/11
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
Hi there

I hope someone can help me as I am new to the Google Maps API (using
V3) and am struggling to add a static tool tip to a Marker.

Basically, I have managed to add an Info Window with little trouble,
but what I am really struggling with, is displaying a static div with
basic information. i.e.Let's say that I have 5 beaches; without having
to click on any marker, it should display a tooltip next to the marker
with the beach name, then, when clicking on the marker, it opens the
Info Window with more detail on the beach.

My first logical thought was to be able to add a div to a marker and
then style and customize the div by calling it at it's unique id, but
this does not seem to be an option. My second thought was to get the
screen x and y position based on the lat and lon given where the
marker is generated, but this is also not an option.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cornelius Parkin

Jun 16, 2011, 1:22:53 PM6/16/11
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
Hi

Anyone have any ideas about this? Really need help please.

Regards
CAP
--
Warm Regards

C.A.Parkin

~"When you innovate, you've got to be prepared for everyone telling you you're nuts" - Larry Ellison~

Rossko

Jun 16, 2011, 1:40:32 PM6/16/11
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
> Anyone have any ideas about this? Really need help please.

Have you looked here?
http://code.google.com/p/google-maps-utility-library-v3/wiki/Libraries
InfoBox

Cornelius Parkin

Jun 16, 2011, 1:48:28 PM6/16/11
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rossko

That's fantastic! Thanks so much...

Regards
CAP

Cornelius Parkin

Jun 16, 2011, 2:20:17 PM6/16/11
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rossko

I have tried implementing the MarkerWithLabel, but it keeps giving lots of errors. I have viewed the source of the samples and included all the javascript libraries. but with no luck.

Errors like:
google is not defined
markerWithLabel.js()marker...abel.js (line 67)
MarkerLabel_.prototype = new google.maps.OverlayView();

and

k.google.maps.Load is not a function
k.google.maps.Load(function(a,b){xh();...unction(){eval("window."+e+"()")})})

Source viewed:
http://google-maps-utility-library-v3.googlecode.com/svn/tags/markerwithlabel/1.1.4/examples/basic.html

Any advice?

Regards
CAP

Rossko

Jun 16, 2011, 3:05:44 PM6/16/11
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
> Any advice?

Fix the errors.
If you'd like help with that, share a link to the webpage showing the
problem.