Disable 3D Buildings in Maps v3?

Dan

Apr 25, 2011, 3:03:43 AM4/25/11
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
Is there a way to disable the 3D effects that you find if say you search for the Sears Tower in Google Maps? I'm doing a custom map where I want to overlay floorplans on top of buildings and it just looks ugly when the buildings are in 3D (with bits of the building poking out above or below the floorplan). Is there a function that flattens out everything?

Thanks!

Barry Hunter

Apr 25, 2011, 10:53:27 AM4/25/11
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
Check out Styled maps

This is a very good way to play with them:
http://gmaps-samples-v3.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/styledmaps/wizard/index.html

Disabling "Landscape -> Man Made" seems to hide 3D buildings just fine.

Dan

Apr 28, 2011, 11:33:21 PM4/28/11
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
Thanks barry. I tried that and indeed it removes 3D buildings, but it also removes the building outlines. I just want the top down building outlines and no 3D. Is that possible?