A replacement in the Maps API for the Panoramio Widget API ?

Rob McMahon

Oct 11, 2016, 9:39:29 AM10/11/16
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
Recently Google have announced that the Panoramio site is closing and that the site functionality is now being merged into Google Maps. There is a thread about it here

I have a number of web pages that combine the Panoramio Widget Javascript API with the Google Maps API to display user photos on a map.

I have checked the Maps API documentation and asked in the Panoramio Help Forum but it appears there is not yet a replacement for the Widget API.

Can someone let me know if there is an alternative photos API available or whether this functionality will be added into the Maps API soon ?

Barry Hunter

Oct 11, 2016, 10:14:54 AM10/11/16
to google-maps-js-api-v3
Pretty sure Google dont have a API for accessing 'Maps Contributions' as such.

Should add a feature request:

Rob McMahon

Oct 11, 2016, 12:52:45 PM10/11/16
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
Thanks Barry, I'll get a request posted. A function similar to google.maps.places.PlacesService.nearbySearch would be ideal.

Rob McMahon

Oct 12, 2016, 4:54:36 AM10/12/16
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3