I must load several large KML files

Juan Francisco Vega Damke

Jun 29, 2016, 10:47:08 PM6/29/16
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I need to develop a platform for an ONG. They gives me several large KML files, so I must implement it in the platform, the user can interact in other several ways.

So, there are issues about the performance of Google Maps API, I know there are limits about the number of elements displayed in a single map and about the size of the files. My files exceeds that limits.

Finally, I want to know if there are some alternatives (even payed), tricks or something to do, other API's.

PD: This platform is version 2.0, in the first approach i've used tricks like:

- Separate large files into smaller pieces and so on
- Use different URL's for groups of KML.

Thanks a lot

--
Be the change you want to see in the world

Kar Loz

Jun 30, 2016, 9:13:06 AM6/30/16
to Juan Francisco Vega Damke, google-map...@googlegroups.com

Hi Juan.

Maybe what you need is plan a better way to show those points into the map. Maybe by regions or somehing like that.

And yes, there is always the option to pay for the service to Google.

Cheers,
Carlos Montelongo