transparent image

mohammed

Sep 16, 2010, 10:56:55 AM9/16/10
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
hi guys ,

please i need ur help , how i can make this image http://khanduqji.com/doc.kml
transparent background , i cant see see the map cuz of white
background .. on google earth its working fine , but at google map it
had white background

regards

Rossko

Sep 16, 2010, 2:20:29 PM9/16/10
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3

> please i need ur help , how i can make this imagehttp://khanduqji.com/doc.kml
> transparent background , i cant see see the map cuz of white
> background .. on google earth its working fine , but at google map it
> had white background

Your overlay has a relative url
files/AM017-1.Bmp
It's a local file on your PC.
If you are trying to view it using maps.google.com or an API kmlLayer,
you'll need to put your image at a publicly accessible url and quote
the full url in the KML <href>

Rossko

Sep 16, 2010, 3:49:15 PM9/16/10
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
I'll take that back about the local file ; the overlay did eventually
display on maps.google.com - with a white background.

I suspect Google maps KML renderer does not support transparancy in
BMP files, even if GE does. Try converting your image to a GIF
perhaps?

mohammed khanduqji

Sep 17, 2010, 3:30:42 AM9/17/10
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
gif not working as well , what can i do ? i relly need this feature ...any suggestions ?

regards

Rossko

Sep 17, 2010, 4:28:12 AM9/17/10
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
> gif not working as well , what can i do ?

Your KML is now pointing at http://khanduqji.com/files/AM017-1.gif
There isn't a http://khanduqji.com/files/AM017-1.gif on your server,
or it is not acessible.
You have to actually make the file and upload it.

mohammed khanduqji

Sep 17, 2010, 5:06:44 AM9/17/10
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
its ok , but i already loaded it ,,i just was testing , can u check now ?

http://khanduqji.com/d.kml

still same , what do u suggest please ? i really need to fix this issue urgent , i'm thinking to use GE , only this way can fix my problem ?

Rossko

Sep 17, 2010, 5:14:54 AM9/17/10
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
> still same , what do u suggest please ?

Make the background of your GIF transparent, the one I'm looking at
now isn't, its white.

mohammed khanduqji

Sep 17, 2010, 6:41:29 AM9/17/10
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
its transparent now , but still same :(

http://khanduqji.com/do.kml

i dont know how it work on GE and not on google map !!!

how i can add google earth tab ?

Rossko

Sep 17, 2010, 8:25:23 AM9/17/10
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
> http://khanduqji.com/do.kml

The ground overlay has
<href>2.gif</href>
That will look for
http://khanduqji.com/2.gif
which is 404 not found.

> how i can add google earth tab ?

Add to what?

mohammed khanduqji

Sep 17, 2010, 8:31:23 AM9/17/10
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
i use map ,, u can go to http://crm-dev.bluezonejordan.com/

username/password : mnask79/Mnask79

go to map then coverage map

am sure i have 2.gif at http://khanduqji.com/files/2.gif

u can check http://khanduqji.com/do1.kml

regards

Rossko

Sep 17, 2010, 11:41:41 AM9/17/10
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
> i use map ,, u can go tohttp://crm-dev.bluezonejordan.com/
> username/password : mnask79/Mnask79

I'm not going to log in anywhere. Sure you've read the terms of use?

> u can checkhttp://khanduqji.com/do1.kml

That I can do, by pasting the url into maps.google.com
It works fine, with transparency, now you've corrected things.

If you are using kmlLayer in your map, it may take time to get a
corrected version into Google's cache.

mohammed khanduqji

Sep 17, 2010, 1:28:53 PM9/17/10
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
so what can i do to work correctly with me ?
how to remove cache ??

mohammed khanduqji

Sep 17, 2010, 1:32:43 PM9/17/10
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
even here .. http://maps.google.com/ .. it does not work with me :(

Rossko

Sep 17, 2010, 4:06:55 PM9/17/10
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
> even here ..http://maps.google.com/.. it does not work with me :(

Works for me ; http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=http://khanduqji.com/do1.kml
unless you are expecting something other than purple blobs around
Amman ?

mohammed khanduqji

Sep 17, 2010, 4:24:53 PM9/17/10
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
hmmm , i cant see the building under the image...same as GE :( , so still not working ..it really surprise me ..its working on GE and not on google map , any suggestion please ? really management waiting me
btw ...thanks alot

Rossko

Sep 17, 2010, 5:18:10 PM9/17/10
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
> hmmm , i cant see the building under the image...same as GE :( , so still
> not working

Oh, you want the purple partially transparent as well as the
background?
I don't think you can style opacity like that when using KML on maps.

Make your image into a PNG file with a percentage opacity

mohammed khanduqji

Sep 17, 2010, 6:18:04 PM9/17/10
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
ok man , i have fixed the problem , i have integrated google map and GE .. so i can see the kml layer

just now i try to make GE tab the default one

really thanks man