France does not honor { featureType: "administrative.province", stylers: [ { visibility: "off" } ] }

AevumDesign

Aug 23, 2011, 1:31:36 PM8/23/11
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
When using the Google Maps style wizard (http://gmaps-samples-
v3.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/styledmaps/wizard/index.html) I have
noticed that the country of France does not honor this code:

{ featureType: "administrative.province", stylers: [ { visibility:
"off" } ] }

The province outlines remain, while the rest of the world map honors
it.

A workaround I have found is to do this:
{ featureType: "administrative", elementType: "geometry", stylers:
[ { visibility: "off" } ] }

This code turns off all the geometry, which forces provinces to turn
off as well.

Bryan Blakey

Nov 12, 2015, 5:58:18 PM11/12/15
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
Your workaround is okay if you do not need international borders to be visible. However, it is not a viable workaround in the event that international borders need to remain visible while hiding province borders. Alas!

I just submitted a bug report for this: https://code.google.com/p/gmaps-api-issues/issues/detail?id=8884