All of sudden: Maps API V3 doens't work anylonger returning blank screens

Tiziano Demaria

Nov 9, 2015, 2:29:39 AM11/9/15
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
I implemented some month ago the Maps API 3 on this website:

And everything worked extremely good till today

All of sudden today 06 Nov 2015,, loading the site, maps are not more visible (see the frame "GIGS")
Clicking on the links going to the page of each gig, the left side remain BLANK while normally the maps appear

then if with the mouse I go over and I reload the frame, in certain case the maps reappear.

is there any know issue with?

thank you so much

ralfwessels

Nov 10, 2015, 4:31:10 AM11/10/15
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
Hi Tiziano,

I can't see any map problems in your example http://www.liciafox.net/venues/melanie-zingt (tried with Chrome + FF). The only problem discovered with firebug was "ReferenceError: twttr is not defined on line 277.

But on your landing page  http://www.liciafox.net/  I discovered a map problem: "NetworkError: 404 Not Found - http://www.liciafox.net/js/gmaps/min/jquery.ui.map.extensions.min.js".
If the map extension is not found, you will have problems with your map.

Another reason for problems could be, that Google changed the Google Maps API version in the last days. More about versioning of the Google Maps API you'll find here: https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/versions

best greetings from Berlin
Ralf