key for Google map

Aleks Kleyn

Aug 16, 2014, 10:53:45 PM8/16/14
to google-maps...@googlegroups.com
To learn how works Google map I decided to create asp web page. I found on internet sample codes for static map jk

http://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/staticmap and for dynamic map

http://maps.google.com/maps. First code submits image to web page that i create and second code generates script file to draw map. I get key for static map and it works. However this key does not work for dynamic map. So I need to get key for this application. But this is not clear because there are different applications with similar functionality.

There is other question as well. This site i design to learn code. But it may happens that I will use similar code at job in the future. It is not clear from description. There is key for business data. I want to understand. If some company wants to incorporate Google map into their web site, does it automatically mean that they need key for business data or business data means something else (like adding to map some addresses important for business)
Thank you

Aleks Kleyn

Aug 27, 2014, 3:53:19 PM8/27/14
to google-maps...@googlegroups.com

I refresh my question because I see that key which I use for static map I cannot use for dynamic map. The question is how I can find proper key .
Thank you

Josh Livni

Aug 27, 2014, 6:32:02 PM8/27/14
to google-maps...@googlegroups.com
You should create a project at https://console.developers.google.com/ if you have not already.  Then click on API's and Auth on the left and
 * ensure you have turned on the appropriate API's (in this case Static Maps API and Maps Javascript v3 API) under "API's"
 * created a public api access key under "credentials"