Image orientation.

Paolo Dellepiane

Mar 23, 2014, 10:18:01 PM3/23/14
to google-maps...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Im trying to get an image of a certain latlng heading towards the direction of the google car.

Here is the link I use to get the image:

http://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/streetview?size=600x300&location=46.414382,10.013988&heading=degrees&pitch=0&sensor=false

By using no "degrees" shows sometimes the image heading towards the latlng and sometimes backwards that point. This seems to be completely weird for me.

So I decided to get my own algorithm by getting the next leg of the route and by getting the slope of those 2 points and the arctan I get the angle and some more math ecuations but it is never acurate, why is this?

Is it possible to get the image heading towards the direction of the vehicle?

Thank you in advance.

Paolo Dellepiane