New Versioning Process

Daniel Lee

Mar 15, 2010, 2:33:22 PM3/15/10
to Google Maps API Notify
Hey everyone,

You may have already noticed, but we've been announcing version
updates less frequently to the groups. There's been a few changes
around this process, which has been posted to the changelog. Please
take a moment to read them here (also pasted below):

http://code.google.com/p/gmaps-api-issues/wiki/JavascriptMapsAPIChangelog

====

Note: The versioning process has recently changed which affected how
frequently new versions are pushed out. Below is an overview of the
new process.

- Latest (v=2.x) versions are updated frequently, on average more than
once a week. We'll do our best to continually update the changelog to
reflect what version this is. However, no formal documentation will be
posted for each version unless visible issues were updated.
- Current (v=2) versions are updated typically once every few weeks.
New versions here will be formally documented with a list of updated
issues.
- All current (v=2) versions can be accessed numerically, e.g.
http://gmaps-samples.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/versionchecker.html?v=2.193
- Not every latest version (v=2.x) can be accessed numerically. If an
unsupported numeric version is requested, the next-most supported
version is returned instead, e.g. http://gmaps-samples.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/versionchecker.html?v=2.190

====

As stated, we'll do our best to keep the changelog accurately
reflecting the latest version and continue to post an announcement
whenever the current version (v=2) is updated.

Please do let us know if you have any feedback.

Thanks!

Dann