Getting an "Internal Error: Some part of this change seems bad" when trying to approve an edit

jgottshall

Apr 25, 2012, 10:05:38 PM4/25/12
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Trying to approve latest edit to feature "Pentagon South Parking", but I'm getting "Internal Error: Some part of this change seems bad."
http://www.google.com/mapmaker?gw=55&ll=38.867964,-77.057784&spn=0.006449,0.012531&z=17&iwloc=0_0&editids=CWRrQDCbEHNelf0o9P&lyt=large_map&hll=38.866993,-77.058853&hyaw=40.59838032290597

Flash

Apr 26, 2012, 1:21:31 AM4/26/12
to google-...@googlegroups.com
By "latest", do you mean the one on Dec 7?  That is the only one up for review, though there have been numerous edits since then.

If so, just what are you trying to approve?  When I look at it, it won't show me where it it was located and where someone wants to move it to; so it's not something that you can confirm is correct and should therefore be approved.

In any case, please ignore this edit.  Polygons cannot be moved from within Google Maps, where this edit comes from; it is an error coming over from Maps where only a point is visible and someone has tried to move that.  The issue is known and being worked upon.

jgottshall

Apr 26, 2012, 2:26:46 PM4/26/12
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, yes, I was trying to approve the one on Dec 7, that moved the location from south of 495 to north of 495, which is correct. But if this is a know issue, I guess I'll have to ignore it. Thanks.

Flash

Apr 26, 2012, 9:53:15 PM4/26/12
to google-...@googlegroups.com
No problem at all, the issues is something we just learned about.  You should ignore any movement of polygons from Maps, including the "Moving centre" ones.

Chaitanya Sri

May 4, 2012, 6:05:55 AM5/4/12
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Hi jgottshall & Flash,

Apologies for chipping in late. Thanks Flash for providing your insights on this :-)
As moderating this feature is resulting in an 'Internal error', will get this looked into.
Please do post back with instances where you come across such errors.

Regards,
Chaitanya Sri