Issues in Abbotsford, BC, Canada

Flash

Dec 26, 2011, 1:02:05 PM12/26/11
to map-mod...@googlegroups.com
Forgive me if this is the wrong sub-forum, but I did search around and didn't see a more appopriate place.

I am making major changes to an interchange due to an overpass being replaced and a complete realignment of roads and ramps on either side.  I am having issues due to segments and interchanges that will not allow editting, deletion or even reporting of issues.  My issues are between the instersections at http://www.google.com/mapmaker?gw=39&fid=0x54844abcf088488f:0x2c63e3544ebe0065 and http://www.google.com/mapmaker?gw=39&fid=0x54844abd25fd5e9d:0xeda5af0cf5f06b3e.  You can see that I have made most of the changes to the south of the freeway and have moved the overpass over; but I cannot get any of the remainder of the road to move despite all changes being appoved and published.

What I do notice is that if I go into the history of some segments, it will show the history of other segments that have been deleted and did not even intersect the current segment.  For example, I requested that the ramp located at http://g.co/maps/79dr5 to be deleted, and asked in the comments if the reviewer could also delete the two forks at the end of the ramp visible at http://www.google.com/mapmaker?gw=39&fid=0x54844abd206d9e55:0x62d518bdb28c185d as I was not able to do so.  The reviewer did so, and the two forks actually rendered as red outlined to indicate they were going to delete; but in the end they returned to normal yellow colour and I cannot mark them for deletion.  Strangely, if you go into the history for http://www.google.com/mapmaker?gw=39&fid=0x54844abcfab04007:0x2b3016c753d02743, you will see the comments I made on the ramp that is deleted.  I have seen this bleeding of history in numerous places in this area.

I have already drawn the roundabout on the north side of the freeway, and it appeared for several days awaiting approval while all the other elements received approval, then just disappeared.  It is not in any of my list, not as approved, denied or pending.  I have attempted multiple times to draw the parallel overpass road, the entrance ramp and the exit ramp; but none of them will stick due to these issues.

There was also a series of segments that made a ramp on the opposite side of the freeway that had similar issues.
I was able to delete http://www.google.com/mapmaker?gw=39&fid=0x54844abc38eb7fdb:0xd766cd6a4dcf4161, but cannot delete and of the 4 features at http://www.google.com/mapmaker?gw=39&fid=0x54844abc30514b71:0x5f2de4b2ceba1c63.  One attempt it did let me move the segment, I'm was almost temtpted to move them across the freeway and use it as the westbound exit ramp, but I figured moving a problem was not a good idea.  On further attempts it will not let me move it.

Can anyone suggest solutions, or use higher edit authority to remove the offending pieces so that I can replace them.  I will be busy with a family even this late afternoon/evening Pacific time, but otherwise this is an extremly slow week at work and I'll be able to quickly put in the correct roads should it come to deleting the offending ones.

Craig Hartel

Jan 3, 2012, 8:34:04 AM1/3/12
to map-mod...@googlegroups.com
Flash,
Did you get help with these yet? Sorry,bud - I completely missed this in the forum.

rjhintz

Jan 3, 2012, 9:52:38 AM1/3/12
to map-mod...@googlegroups.com
Hi Flash,
  Just a note that it really helps to distill down what you want in short declarative sentences/phrases.  Then provide as much support as needed later.

I review a lot of edits, but when faced with a big block of narrative, I tend to let someone else figure it out.  Which may be never.
--
Rich