Send location to phone feature

endospores

Jul 14, 2012, 2:22:40 PM7/14/12
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Is there such a thing as a send location to phone feature?  Sometimes when i'm mapping an area where i can drive to, i go by it to identify large buildings and companies nearby.  Sadly, i can't always find my way to a location.  It'd be useful, no just for map maker but for maps in general, to have a feature where you can select a location on mapmaker or maps on my browser and have a sort of X marks the spot on my phone so i can find it easily while driving.

rjhintz

Jul 14, 2012, 6:02:17 PM7/14/12
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
  For at least some locations you can:
  • go to Google + Local
  • select a business
  • select its location on the inset map
  • go to "more" in the left pane
  • select Send
You'll be presented options for
  • Email
  • Phone
  • Car
  • GPS
I tried this starting from Google Maps and didn't get options besides Email. Who knows why.
--
Rich