Map Maker imagery requests

Rahim

Apr 26, 2012, 7:18:17 AM4/26/12
to google-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Everyone,

As our surroundings are changing fast, Map Maker needs to be updated with newer imagery continually. During the upgradation of imagery, chances are some of the areas you care about might not have received fresh imagery.

All imagery requests for MM are processed by the Google Earth team and here’s what they had to say about MM specific imagery requests:

  • Use the Google Earth 'Contact us' form to report issues like blurry, low resolution or outdated imagery in the areas of your interest
  • Specifically mention “Map Maker” while filing the imagery requests as you’re using a common form for making imagery requests on Google Earth and Map Maker

Though we cannot promise a timeline for the imagery updates, however, your requests will help us in identifying areas where an imagery update will aid mapping activity.

Regards,
~Rahim

P.S. : You can also sign up for Follow Your World to get notified through email each time we improve the satellite imagery (on Google Maps and Google Earth) in your area of interest!

rjhintz

Apr 26, 2012, 10:06:25 AM4/26/12
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rahim,
Is there any progress being made on converging the two functions, request updated imagery and subsequently getting notice when the imagery is updated?
--
Rich

rjhintz

May 23, 2012, 3:01:13 PM5/23/12
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Googlers,
  Anyone home to answer this seemingly reasonable question?
--
Rich

Rahim

May 24, 2012, 7:10:15 AM5/24/12
to google-...@googlegroups.com

Just wanted to let you know that I’ve escalated the concern to the respective team. I’m not sure about the progress being made. However, I’ll post back here if I receive any update on this.

Thanks,
~Rahim

rjhintz

May 24, 2012, 10:14:35 AM5/24/12
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks.  The last time this got escalated (on G+ to a specific person), there was no response, at least external to Google.

This was back when some of us excessively naive types thought that G+ might be an effective channel for communication. Ha ha.  (Well, except for Mano Marks, who actually keeps plugging away with useful map related content, though he's in a different Google geo area.)

If they want to say "It's hard and we're working on it" or "It's too hard to do" or "It's queued, but has a lot of prerequisites," great.  Just being silent for a customer facing issue isn't good communications policy.
--
Rich

Damith Kothalawala

Jun 17, 2012, 11:30:07 PM6/17/12
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Can you please update the "Sri Lanka Map" ?

Mapping on hold around "Kalutara, Sri Lanka" due to the unavailability of Updated imagery.

Please do the needful on this.

rjhintz

Jun 18, 2012, 1:21:20 AM6/18/12
to google-...@googlegroups.com