adding an interception/separating a segment

EmperorJJ1

Mar 23, 2013, 6:03:40 PM3/23/13
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Is there an easy way of separating a segment? My thought were to be adding an intersection but in GMM i would only be able to do so by drawing a road at that point right?

What im trying to do is name a currently unnamed road however it has a 90 degree bend and while the road name is the same one section is listed as "road" while the other is "drive" (why is beyond me)

Flash

Mar 23, 2013, 6:09:20 PM3/23/13
to google-...@googlegroups.com
You have the right idea, you have to draw what we call a "dummy road", change/add the names, and then delete the dummy road.  Often the reviewer will notice and delete the dummy for you.

I always name mine the same, "Dummy road to create intersection - Flash" so that I can periodically do searches to see if I missed deleting on.

EmperorJJ1

Mar 23, 2013, 6:50:20 PM3/23/13
to google-...@googlegroups.com
sweet thanks man any chance you can approve the dummy road for me??

Flash

Mar 23, 2013, 6:58:07 PM3/23/13
to google-...@googlegroups.com
No, sorry, you're outside my areas.  I'll ask someone else if they can.

Andrew Sawyer

Mar 23, 2013, 9:12:31 PM3/23/13
to General Map Maker on behalf of Flash
Its approved. Feel free to delete!

On Sat, Mar 23, 2013 at 6:58 PM, Flash via General Map Maker <google-mapmaker+noreply-APn2wQcd...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
No, sorry, you're outside my areas.  I'll ask someone else if they can.

Thanks for using Google Map Maker! =)

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "General Map Maker" group.

EmperorJJ1

Mar 24, 2013, 6:10:41 AM3/24/13
to google-...@googlegroups.com
thanks andrew. deleted and names added. I also appreciate the reviews you did on some other name changes i had done in the area, one of them confused me but idk its all good.