Locksmith Spam In Oklahoma City?

OKC

Feb 6, 2013, 2:54:44 PM2/6/13
to google-...@googlegroups.com
There are two locksmith listings that have just popped up in Oklahoma City that look pretty spammy. They both display "home" addresses.Could someone look into these please?

"Oklahoma City Locksmith"
https://plus.google.com/u/0/110052280260516497922/posts

"Fast Locksmith Oklahoma City"
https://plus.google.com/u/0/104540696777623461787/posts

MC TACKER

Feb 6, 2013, 4:08:30 PM2/6/13
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Many locksmiths use a van as their workshop, and "take the shop to the job."  Therefore, their home address might very well be the only address of their business.  I personally have known of more locksmiths that work this way, rather than have an actual storefront.

OKC

Feb 6, 2013, 4:24:32 PM2/6/13
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Do you know of any locksmiths "personally" who use 866 phone numbers?

Flash

Feb 6, 2013, 7:06:00 PM2/6/13
to google-...@googlegroups.com
MC Tacker - Those are called SABs (Service Area Business), and are not permitted on the map.

Stevestr-CO/IL/CA

Feb 15, 2013, 11:44:28 PM2/15/13
to google-...@googlegroups.com
These look spammy but why are you linking to their Google+ profiles? If you can find proof they are on the map then please go to Mapmaker and put the links to the businesses here so we can take a look at them.

OKC

Mar 4, 2013, 10:40:07 PM3/4/13
to google-...@googlegroups.com
There are two new spam listings that I would like someone to look at in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

Locksmiths Tulsa
http://www.google.com/mapmaker?gw=39&fid=0x87b6eb5541d27e33:0xd705377b08e3105f

I can't find the other one in Mapmaker view but heres the Google + page.

Mr. Key Oklahoma
https://plus.google.com/113917399036513593099/about?hl=en

Thanks in advance.

Flash

Mar 4, 2013, 11:53:29 PM3/4/13
to google-...@googlegroups.com
A business is not going to be deleted based on no evidence at all, that would be unfair to any legitimate business owner..  In the comments you need to provide the methods you used to confirm that the business does not exist or what guideline they are violating that deserves a deletion rather than fixing it.  They should be in the edit comments so that they become part of the record, as the spammer will just ask G+ Local support to reinstate him and they will do so unless they see clear evidence that he is a spammer.

For your second listing, again, we don't care about Google+ pages here.  Collect clear evidence that it does not exist and create an edit to remove it, listing your evidence in the comments box.
Message has been deleted

OKC

Mar 5, 2013, 9:41:23 AM3/5/13
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your help.

On Monday, March 4, 2013 11:50:58 PM UTC-8, blissfulight wrote:
Mr Key was already removed in MM.  It has some bad data in it, but it's definitely spam (it's using a virtual office).

You can use this URL:  https://maps.google.com/maps/place?mode=edit&cid=2853233118498518491 to 'see' the old Maps Report a problem UI.  I reported it, and removed the telephone and website.  There's an outstanding issue with POIs that have been removed in MM, but not Maps:  Issue 2245

You can also substitute any CID number into this URL https://maps.google.com/maps/place?mode=edit&cid= to pull up the old Maps Report a problem UI.  You can see the 'new' UI gives an error page, indicating that the POI was removed in MM:  http://www.google.com/mapmaker?ui_type=pc&cid=2853233118498518491&src=1&continue=https://plus.google.com/113917399036513593099/about?gl%3DUS%26hl%3Den-US&utm_campaign=relatedproducts_pancake&utm_medium=website&utm_source=plus&ved=0CA0QgQY&sa=X&ei=GaE1UcXSDOPiwAG-9oDIDQ&gl=US&hl=en-US&ep=pluspage  I highlighted the CID # in bold.

As for the other:

They're hidden their whois, which is usually an indication that it's a spammer.

I couldn't find their license, but the spreadsheet is kind of out-of-date.  They should update that more frequently.  I would call (405) 521-6100 and ask the state to upload their most recent list.

I added both to my spam sheets.

OKC

Mar 19, 2013, 8:57:44 PM3/19/13
to google-...@googlegroups.com
We have a few more spam listings in Oklahoma City. Would someone please look at these?

"Locksmith Oklahoma City"
http://www.google.com/mapmaker?gw=90&cid=9588109934833995267

"Affordable Locksmith 24x7 Service"
http://www.google.com/mapmaker?gw=90&cid=9290555386155228357