Feedback Time - Taking stock & working towards improved ‘Issue Tracking’.

Praneeth

Apr 2, 2012, 7:19:33 AM4/2/12
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mappers,

It has been quite some time since we re-opened the Issue Tracker. Thanks a ton to all those who starred and reported some important topics which helped us in prioritizing top issues!

As of today, the issue tracker has a total of 2611 issues, out of which 1231 issues have been resolved; and a lot more to come in the near future.

Some of the top issues which have been fixed include -

  • Issue 913 - Shorten map links by default,

  • Issue 1760 - Shape Hole Punch tool - to put a hole in a shape

  • Issue 437 - 'Street Name' list around a feature do not always give the right options

  • Issue 1172 - Error when deleting this road segment

  • Issue 57 - Add tools to select & move multiple features

  • Issue 82 - Road Splitting
    and more....... !!!

Misalignment issues which hinder mapping have largely been fixed.

We would also like to acknowledge that some of the issues have taken considerable time & haven't been resolved yet. Issues such as “Duplicates” or “Islands rendering above water” require a lot of complex changes, before they can be supported and hence we’ve not been able to prioritize them. We would like to thank you for your patience in bearing with us.

We would like you to continue pouring in your feedback on the IT (comments and stars for the sound and light effect respectively:-)) as this helps us channel our efforts better in making mapping an enjoyable and fulfilling experience on Google Map Maker.

rjhintz

Apr 2, 2012, 5:20:42 PM4/2/12
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Praneeth,
  I just want to take a moment away from creating issues, submitting feedback, and ranting on the forums (and in Facebook and in G+) to thank you publicly for the responsive engagement you're providing on issues in Issue Tracker.  It's been very helpful.

Are you on G+ or Facebook in the Unofficial GMM group?  We only "roast" a select group of Googlers there.  We can make room for you.
--
Rich

zxrayz

Apr 2, 2012, 7:10:20 PM4/2/12
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the up-date.
Message has been deleted

John

Apr 3, 2012, 10:41:49 AM4/3/12
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the updates Praneeth, good to know that folks are working hard to make it easier for volunteer mappers to work hard doing what they do.  One issue that I realize is a Google Code issue rather than a Map Maker issue is an issue with the Issue Tracker itself.  There is a gaping privacy hole in which anyone posting on the Issue Tracker leaves his or her e-mail address wide open for anyone who can fill out a captcha.  Spam and spoofing are the obvious immediate risks.  I am aware of the current workaround of creating a new account, but obviously a more direct fix would be a great thing.
Message has been deleted

Praneeth

Apr 9, 2012, 4:31:54 AM4/9/12
to google-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for all your inputs :-)

@Rich - Thank you for your invitation, i would love to join the group. You would see me very soon on the Unofficial GMM group.

@John - This is a second most requested feature and has also been reported on IT issue 60. However the implementation of this request might not be feasible in the near future :-(

I thank you all once again for all your dedication and your valuable feedback. Have a happy mapping

momers

May 16, 2012, 6:14:55 AM5/16/12
to google-...@googlegroups.com
And i would like to add that a lot of my reported issues here have been resolved as well! And that goes to show progress!

Thanks for keeping us updated!