Your thoughts and suggestion on the release dated March 12, 2013

Sneha

Mar 12, 2013, 7:27:29 AM3/12/13
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Dear mappers,

Please post your thoughts and suggestions on the recent release, on this thread.

Thanks,
Sneha

Sneha

Mar 12, 2013, 7:34:49 AM3/12/13
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Here is the post.

Nitin Chauhan

Mar 19, 2013, 8:01:19 AM3/19/13
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sneha,

I am observing considerable delay in selecting road !
"Browse-Line Features-Road" or "Edit-Select Road Segments" both options got frustratingly slow to select road or segments. At times it is impossible to select segment as road is not shown in light-red color and no matter how many times you point to road but mouse pointer stays as arrow.

Not sure if it is due to this update. Please look into and resolve.

Khan Manzoom

Mar 24, 2013, 7:32:26 AM3/24/13
to google-...@googlegroups.com
how can i win my editing road with existing road or by adding new road

and which edit will count  map maker profile edit or mapthon2013 edit

awating for early reply

Albert Ndubizu

Mar 24, 2013, 7:41:44 AM3/24/13
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Is there a way of uploading tracks fro ones GPS to Google Map Maker. I do collect ( well was involved in collecting data for a private firm that's sells it to Teleatlas and Navteq for Roads and POIs in Nigeria as an independent contractor) Also being a City Planner in private practice and now the head of a State GIS agency, I have been all over the country and do actively collect POIs and Tracks to any place i go to. most of my stuff is on my garmin GPSmap 62s, Nuvi 775t, Nuvi 2515 HTC Hero and my HTC One X. Its more accurate drawing tracks than hand drawn tracks or roads. In this case outside major urban areas in Nigeria and most of Africa, recent 2- 4year old Satellite imagery are not available so drawing roads are not accurate, its "Guessetimating". It will be nice if at least tracks from GPS can be uploaded or ..gpx data be uploaded.

I am concerned about accuracy of roads drawn without a recent ( 6month old) Imagery. Also can geotagged images be included as a POI up loadable file too? Also can Images be linked from Picasa and Panormio if geo-tagged into Google Map maker

Khan Manzoom ahmed

Mar 24, 2013, 7:46:09 AM3/24/13
to google-...@googlegroups.com

this is not a correct answer

again i repeating my question

how can i win my editing road with existing road or by adding new road

and which edit will count  map maker profile edit or mapthon2013 edit

awating for early reply

Flash

Mar 24, 2013, 12:04:06 PM3/24/13
to google-...@googlegroups.com
@Albert - It is always best to start you own thread when you have questions.  I collect GPS tracks as I travel for my job also.  You must convert them to KML format, and then upload them somewhere on the internet so that they can be imported into the overlay function of Map Maker.  I personally use My Places at Google Maps.  You can then import them as an overlay into Map Maker, at which point you can then trace them using the road drawing tools.  You can find a lot of different methods at http://support.google.com/mapmaker/answer/155420.

@Khan - You did not get a correct answer because you are attempting to hijack someone else's thread.  Start your own, but be warned that this is not a support forum for Mapathon.  All we know are what are in the rules, and we will point you to them.