Moving to GitHub

Daniel Wang

Jan 7, 2015, 8:19:55 PM1/7/15
to google-http...@googlegroups.com
As more developers are adopting GitHub, we've decided to move google-http-java-client off of Google Project Hosting to GitHub.

Source code and full commit history will be exported to a GitHub repository (with an expected name 'google/google-http-java-client'). All issues and comments will be retained. Although they will all be authored by my GitHub account ('wonderfly'), original creators and dates will be added to each comment.

This group will continue to serve as our forum of discussion, and we will use the same blog for release announcements.

The transition will happen later this week and you should be able to view/subscribe to the new repository by then. All development for the next release will happen in GitHub. We welcome your continuous support and contribution.

As with any transition, some things are sure to go wrong. If you find one of those things, please let me know by filing an issue on the github-hosted issue tracker, which should be available later this week.

Daniel Wang

Jan 9, 2015, 6:59:26 PM1/9/15
to google-http...@googlegroups.com
The repository is live on GitHub: https://github.com/google/google-http-java-client

Open issues have been transitioned to GitHub and we encourage you to use the new issue tracker for future discussions. We will freeze the google code issue tracker in a few weeks.

Daniel Wang

Jan 28, 2015, 4:46:55 PM1/28/15
to google-http...@googlegroups.com
The samples are copied from google code to the base github repository. They will be kept as Maven modules from now on.