Compiling error on Mac OS Leopard / GWT 2.0

1 view

Steffen

Jan 24, 2010, 8:45:53 PM1/24/10
to google-gin
Hi,

I tried to run a sample app project using GIN. When compiling, I get
the following error:

[ERROR] Unexpected error while processing XML
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class
file
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:
124)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:260)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:56)

There has been an issue raised a couple of weeks ago (#55). However,
it says that there are no problems when using GWT 2.0, the version I
am using. I couldnt find any workaround.

Can anybody help?

Thanks very much! Steffen

Peter Schmitt

Jan 25, 2010, 12:30:31 AM1/25/10
to googl...@googlegroups.com
This usually happens if you compile your classes with one version of java and then try to run them in the wrong context. I'm not even sure what classes your example is loading (can't tell from the stack trace). Are you using the precompiled Gin jar or do you make your own?

Peter

Steffen

Jan 25, 2010, 7:05:36 AM1/25/10
to google-gin
Hi Peter,

I am using a precompiled Gin jar, the one I have downloaded here...
So, I simply have to compile a new version from source provided here
as well?

Steffen

On Jan 25, 6:30 am, Peter Schmitt <ara...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This usually happens if you compile your classes with one version of java
> and then try to run them in the wrong context. I'm not even sure what
> classes your example is loading (can't tell from the stack trace). Are you
> using the precompiled Gin jar or do you make your own?
>
> Peter
>

> > google-gin+...@googlegroups.com<google-gin%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>

Tercio Filho

Jan 26, 2010, 12:59:46 PM1/26/10
to google-gin
You could try my nightly build at:

http://0x3333.com.br/builds/google-gin/

Mine is compiled against java 1.5(I add a target="1.5" in the
build.xml). May help.

Regards,

Tercio