Issues with Googlefinance Function - help!

Brandon Winkler

Apr 12, 2016, 6:35:22 AM4/12/16
to Google Finance
I can't get the googlefinance function to work in my excel. I'm trying to pull closing prices for each of my different tickers on specific dates, but instead i get errors.

I've been working with a pretty extensive database of my portfolio manually, and I'm about to throw in the book with how much effort it's taking to slowly and manually look up and type in each new price close. Since I can't macro in excel, googlefinance is the next option.

Any help?

I've attached an image dump of the chart and error, but here is another example of the problem I'm having

A       | B | C
SPY  | $$| %

Where column A is a list of tickers, B is a column of closing prices for historic days (lets say Feb 26th, 2016), C is % Change

I've used =googlefinance(A2,"price",date(2016,2,26)) with no luck
Capture.JPG