Recent Quotes stuck

Frank

Aug 5, 2011, 11:37:18 AM8/5/11
to Google Finance
My recent quote list is stuck. When I get a new quote, that quote
populates the top of the recent quote list but the remainder of the
list remains the same. Repeating this over and over gets the same
result. I've cleared the Internet history but not cookies. I'm using
IE 8 with the most recent patches on Vista 64-bit on a Dell Studio XPS
with an i7 chip and 3 GB of memory. This started within the last week
or two. Thanks.

Karolina (Google Finance Product Manager)

Aug 5, 2011, 10:30:19 PM8/5/11
to Google Finance
Hi Frank,

Sorry you're experiencing this issue. Clearing your cookies (or just
your Google Finance cookies) should fix it.

- Karolina

Pedro

Aug 8, 2011, 4:15:58 AM8/8/11
to Google Finance
The same problem as Frank. Clearing my cookies didn't fix it.

On 6 ago, 04:30, "Karolina (Google Finance Product Manager)"
> > or two. Thanks.- Ocultar texto de la cita -
>
> - Mostrar texto de la cita -

totsubo

Aug 10, 2011, 12:17:14 PM8/10/11
to Google Finance
I have the same issue and remove the google.finance cookies did not
solve the issue.

Strangely I have this problem with Chrome on my mac, but not with
Firefox.

On Aug 6, 11:30 am, "Karolina (Google Finance Product Manager)"
<k...@google.com> wrote:
> Hi Frank,
>
> Sorry you're experiencing this issue. Clearing your cookies (or just
> your Google Finance cookies) should fix it.
>
>  - Karolina
>
> On Aug 5, 8:37 am, Frank <frank1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Myrecentquote list is stuck. When I get a new quote, that quote
> > populates the top of therecentquote list but the remainder of the
> > list remains the same. Repeating this over and over gets the same
> > result. I've cleared the Internet history but not cookies. I'm using
> > IE 8 with the mostrecentpatches on Vista 64-bit on a Dell Studio XPS

totsubo

Aug 10, 2011, 12:26:32 PM8/10/11
to Google Finance
I'm having exactly the same issue. Clearing the cookies for
finance.google did not help.

Two extra observations, my recent quote list is now limited to 4
entries and I only have this issue in Chrome but not with Firefox or
Safari.

On Aug 6, 11:30 am, "Karolina (Google Finance Product Manager)"

Frank

Aug 10, 2011, 6:33:45 PM8/10/11
to Google Finance
Thanks Karolina. I cleared my Google cookies and that did not help. I
am using IE 8 with Google Toolbar. There is a difference in behaviour
between when I am logged into my Google account and when I am not:

1) Not logged into Google account -> no recent quote updates at all.
Recent quotes stuck at what they were a week or so ago.

2) Logged into Google account -> only the top most recent quote
changes, the remainder remain stuck where they were a week ago.

On a Windows XP machine using a brand new version of Safari (5.1) no
recent quotes at start up and quotes populate as I enter them and I
get a list of 10 recent quotes. No recent quotes at start up for IE
would be a preferred behavior.

Thanks,

Frank

On Aug 5, 9:30 pm, "Karolina (Google Finance Product Manager)"
> > or two. Thanks.- Hide quoted text -

calvinscott

Aug 10, 2011, 9:33:56 PM8/10/11
to Google Finance
I was having the same problem, with just the top quote changing, and
the rest staying the same. Now, only one quote will show up in the
recent quotes box at a time. Since so many people are having the same
problem, I suppose it will get some attention soon.

Frank

Aug 12, 2011, 9:19:51 AM8/12/11
to Google Finance
This has been fixed for IE 8 on Vista premiuim home for me. I am
logged into my Google account.

Jump

Aug 12, 2011, 1:27:48 AM8/12/11
to Google Finance
Same issues here.... very annoying
Three issues total with Google finance
1) Time zooming no longer works using the mouse scroll
2) The history is not working, its no longer keeping track of my last
quote
3) The chg|% has become a nuisance as it keeps defaulting to "chg" ..
which, to be honest, is useless... percentage is MUCH more useful and
is the standard in stocks..

Brian Hahn

Aug 17, 2011, 5:32:59 AM8/17/11
to Google Finance
I also have the same problem. I have just one quote being replaced by
the newest one. And none at all if not logged in.

Problem occurs in Firefox 4 through 6. Seems to be ok in Internet
Explorer 9. Windows 7 x64 SP1.

calvinscott

Aug 30, 2011, 8:39:20 AM8/30/11
to Google Finance
Am I the only one still having these issues? Have they been resolved
for everyone else?

Frank

Aug 31, 2011, 6:50:51 PM8/31/11
to Google Finance
My recent quotes are working fine for 10 quotes. Have been for at
least a week. IE 8 / Vista 64bit.

calvinscott

Sep 1, 2011, 9:39:55 AM9/1/11
to Google Finance
Thanks, Frank. I just needed to delete my cookies again.

Karolína Netolická

Feb 5, 2013, 11:27:06 AM2/5/13
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Hello Brian, the cookie is called "SC".

 - Karolina
Karolina Netolicka
Product Manager, Google Finance

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 12:48 PM, Brian Wehner <brian...@gmail.com> wrote:
Can you tell me the name of the Google Finance cookie?

Thanks,
~Brian