New Google Finance

L Feltrin

Nov 30, 2017, 11:16:09 PM11/30/17
to Google Finance
I want the old version back! The new one is really terrible. Please support this comment I have used GF for years for analysis and research and now you replace it with this!!

What a shame, clearly the programmers did not have a clue about financial analysis.....

close

Dec 4, 2017, 10:06:54 PM12/4/17
to Google Finance
It's baaaaack!

BIRCH34

Dec 4, 2017, 10:06:54 PM12/4/17
to Google Finance

On Thursday, November 30, 2017 at 11:16:09 PM UTC-5, L Feltrin wrote:
I want the old version back! The new one is really terrible. Please support this comment I have used GF for years for analysis and research and now you replace it with this!!

What a shame, clearly the programmers did not have a clue about financial analysis.....

Agree I miss the portfolio feature do not need their suggestion of what too look at.

N Stone

Dec 7, 2017, 12:25:56 PM12/7/17
to Google Finance
They put a bunch of high school flunkies into a room and said screw the finance format as much as possible. And now google is avoiding questions on how to go back to old format. You'd think a company as advanced as google would know better than to do this. I think it's a joke and will find another financial page. GOOGLE is OUT!

BJ Reilly

Dec 17, 2017, 9:52:41 PM12/17/17
to Google Finance

On Thursday, November 30, 2017 at 8:16:09 PM UTC-8, L Feltrin wrote:
I want the old version back! The new one is really terrible.

I'm not sure what people are complaining about, other than comments like this that "The new one is really terrible."  Can people be more specific?  I've used Google Finance for years as an investment bookmark (like a watch-list) where I keep favorites, but I use my actual trading account for historical trades record-keeping. Google Finance has always been flaky, especially with Flash charts.  Are you using it for something different?  I don't see any difference in how Google Finance keeps a watch-list, and I don't see the point of keeping my trading history on Google. And it's always been slightly terrible. What are you using Google Finance for?

tanyasky...@gmail.com

Mar 16, 2018, 5:38:34 AM3/16/18
to Google Finance
Hello BJ

As I understand new Google Finance, the functionality of a very simple portfolio watchlist has been abolished. Is that correct or am I missing something?

jkas...@icloud.com

Mar 16, 2018, 9:24:43 AM3/16/18
to Google Finance
I agree, the new version is rubbish i.e. limited stock history and lack of vol on the graphs, please give desktop users the option to use the old version!

Paresh

Mar 16, 2018, 9:24:43 AM3/16/18
to Google Finance
100% Agree with you L Feltrin

Paresh

Mar 16, 2018, 9:24:43 AM3/16/18
to Google Finance
Excellent comment, as well as almost TRUE.

Dharmveer Jain

Mar 18, 2018, 11:12:10 PM3/18/18
to Google Finance
Google Finance now turned completely useless. It was neatly organized earlier within respective portfolios and each stock showing their respective charts with technical indicators. Now all that is gone. A good product turned completely useless. Thank you Google !!!

Guilherme F Carneiro

Mar 18, 2018, 11:12:10 PM3/18/18
to Google Finance
Ok Google, about the redesign it's pretty good, but please, don't remove good features on behalf of this, bring portfolio feature back.

V. Woo

Mar 18, 2018, 11:12:10 PM3/18/18
to Google Finance
Yes, the new version is useless. The old version listed all my stocks (unlimited number), in a clear concise chart, organized into tabs for Fundamentals, Transactions, and Performance. It was easy to click from tab to tab and see all the details of each stock. You could even enter Notes on each stock!  In addition you could easily click each stock for more detailed information. This detailed information was organized very well, to include the daily technical in graph form, News, Related companies, Description of the company, Key Stats, Officers and Directors, and Events. There was even a list of External Links (i.e. Reuters, MarketWatch, etc). The amount of information was simply astounding, AND it was very very well organized. I have used Yahoo Finance, Morningstar, Motley Fool, TD Ameritrade, Fidelity, etcetc, and NONE can compare to the old Google Finance. Why in the world would they mess with a good thing. I would even pay to use the old Google Finance...

sebastine Chittilappilly

Mar 18, 2018, 11:12:10 PM3/18/18
to Google Finance
From today(16th of March 2018) the Technical Indicators have again gone. Not even candle stick charts are available now. Would request Google to again provide the earleir version of Google Finance Charts.

Joe

Mar 18, 2018, 11:12:10 PM3/18/18
to Google Finance
I am very disappointed.
 - Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg

Airstream32

Mar 21, 2018, 2:37:11 AM3/21/18
to Google Finance
The new Google Finance is now in place for the UK market as well. After a couple of days review I have dropped it completely in favour of Investing dot com.
What's missing is as others have stated. Real time data, great graph profiling and the ability to handle different portfolios. None of these original features
are now in place. One out of five would be generous.

I cannot access my old portfolios as any Google search or link masks through to the new format (here in the UK). Who do you make a request for the old version?

Bipin Patel

Mar 21, 2018, 11:49:10 PM3/21/18
to Google Finance
What is google financial team think? I am missing watchlist, portfolio, recently search and most impotantly news and post links of the security I am reading. They should fire whoever made this decision without making sure new change is place. PLEASE GOOGLE, bring back our finance.google.....service.