New Google Finance is a HUGE disappointment

Mike Molesky

Apr 4, 2018, 3:26:23 AM4/4/18
to Google Finance
The old Google Finance

- had superior charts which were customizable
- charts that showed moving averages, RSI's, volumes
- charts showed the amount of dividends paid since the stock started trading along with dividend increases.  Also showed if any dividend payments were not paid by the company
- tons of info consolidated onto 1 screen (news,earnings release dates, etc.)
- Comparable companies in the same industry
- Sectors and biggest gainers and losers in that sector

All of this information was consolidated into an easy to use interface.  Drilling down into detailed information was just a click or 2 away.  It showed that the Google software development team were superior programmers and data miners with a great sense of user experience.  I love Google Drive, Google Sheets, and Google Forms but I am almost afraid to continue using them for fear that Google may pull the plug on those products as well.

I'm not sure why the development team decided to redesign the Old Google Finance into the new mobile site but it is a big disappointment.  I think we are all just waiting until we can find a better product so we don't have to waste our time going to the New Google Finance.

This is a big disappointment from Google!

James Delproposto

Apr 9, 2018, 11:34:27 PM4/9/18
to Google Finance
I don't post much at all but I have to agree with you.  I absolutely hate the new version.  Google has now driven me away from google news and now google finance.

Peter

Apr 11, 2018, 8:03:13 AM4/11/18
to Google Finance
I totally agree - this is very disappointing.  I NEVER post but I miss my old finance set up.  will it get fixed?  is there a better alternative out there?

James Liu

Apr 11, 2018, 11:21:21 AM4/11/18
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Totally agree. The google finance multi-line chart is a very useful feature to compare a lot of stocks.

ctz69

Debanjan Ray

Apr 12, 2018, 11:21:21 PM4/12/18
to google-...@googlegroups.com
I have been using free tool Chart Nexus  http://www.chartnexus.com/ for all technical analysis for last 3 years or so.
It is offline tool in pc/laptop which synchronises 3 year data upon connecting internet. You can make your own portfolio with multiple stocks that you hold.
The charts are very very clear, ideal for those who knows technical analysis.
You can benchmark (compare) multiple stocks and indices, so that you can know which stocks are rising faster than others. I like Ichimoku technical analysis, and the display is so clear that you can take a decision of buy/hold/sell almost instantaneously.

with best wishes,
Debanjan Ray

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-finance/70d40fb9-c73d-4266-8f1e-32cea2693508%40googlegroups.com.

caram...@hotmail.com

May 13, 2018, 2:24:33 PM5/13/18
to Google Finance
Hello

I believe google finance was very simple to use and it was so easy to get so easy so much money with so less work and effort to put in !

I would not be wondered if yahoo which is similar to the previous google finance will change to the same new google finance version !

Remember both Softwares are free of charge and make people get happy with a intuitive simple tool ! Final bootom line: wich boss gives such an easy tool ? He then isn t a boss !

I would be very sure that in future all the othe financial websites like google finance ans yahoo finance are gone be regulated by the law maker ! Just to it all in balance !!!

My personal experiance was the best one in my life ! When i was 12 years old (now i m 38) i was dreaming of this Software (not an iligual Software) the same as google finance ! I was planing on staying at home and doing some big huge money and get rich and change and make my life better for me and others ! But i was so intelligent by 12 years that i knew thie Software has no chance so be there forever ! Now i m me again and my shadow is bigger then my body.....i had a short time of prime in my life !

I guess google finance could be bigger the JP Morgan in the next years ! Just realise how simple this Softwar is !! The time i had to put in and win some money !

Enough of Spirituel now !

I need ur help and i need i replacment for this Software ! I want to pay to use a Software ! I want to know that i can use a Software like this until the rest of my life ! Anybody out there can give me a help! That would kick off my sun in my soul !

Thanks Google, i m sure now life is much easier for u ! Hopefully u get us all cancer with the invsiblle WIFI spots in the air and on the ground !!!

Kind Regards

sachin jain

May 13, 2018, 10:48:58 PM5/13/18
to google-...@googlegroups.com
there is no software even paid is like google finance.........from GF indicator MACD i easily judge the movement of share, index.......pl restore google finance any how......

caram...@hotmail.com

May 14, 2018, 8:08:24 AM5/14/18
to google-...@googlegroups.com
How does the rest of the world trade ? How to they get the information we did get on google finance if those infos where long time there before google finance ???????

caram...@hotmail.com

May 21, 2018, 2:08:45 AM5/21/18
to Google Finance
Hallo

What i found strange is nobody seems interested in my last post..

Also found out that i still get notifications in my calender of the google finance website even if the website is apparently offline ! I my opinion the website is still runing for the elite people !

Peter Hwang

May 21, 2018, 8:50:10 AM5/21/18
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Stop beating dead horse!

caram...@hotmail.com

May 22, 2018, 1:54:29 AM5/22/18
to Google Finance
Let s talk about horses ! Maybe he will tell us how to life our lives !!!

Juan F Miguez

May 22, 2018, 5:31:06 PM5/22/18
to Google Finance

Hope this finds you well.
After the whole Google Finance Fiasco I am now going to cnbc and looking at charts there.

Example:

One thing you can do is drawings, that means, setting channels, provide annotations, etc.
Also they provide a way to do analytics such as moving averages, MACD, etc.

I believe is a great tool, compared to old Google Finance.
If it is me, I would take a look at it.

caram...@hotmail.com

May 24, 2018, 1:53:00 AM5/24/18
to Google Finance
Hallo

How do other people get rich with the Stockmarket without using google finance ?

Regards

g.t.gri...@gmail.com

May 25, 2018, 3:09:35 AM5/25/18
to Google Finance
Anyone,

whenever you bump into something you want improved or has a bug, keep on reporting that via the link at the bottom of the page.
In this way, maybe someone will wake up one day and reimplement all those lost features.

Nick Fairrie

Aug 6, 2018, 11:43:29 AM8/6/18
to Google Finance
Hear, hear, Mike and so many others: the new Google Finance is an absolute pig to use. BIRNG BACK THE OLD GOOGLE FINANCE WHICH WAS PEERLESS!