No more automatic update of quotes and charts at the Google Finance web site

Patrick A. Nast

Apr 1, 2011, 10:55:32 AM4/1/11
to Google Finance
Hi,
I really liked the feature of Google Finance to automatically update
quotes and charts of stocks in real-time. I just entered a symbol in
the search field and landed at the "Quotes & news" page for that
particular stock where price info and charts got continuously updated.
Since beginning of this week (March 28th, 2011) I miss this feature
and always have to reload the page manually.

Anyone else encountered this, too? Is this a general issue or did I
mis-configure something. Or did Google simply switched off this
feature?

I checked with several browsers like Chrome, Opera and Internet
Explorer and also at different operating systems (Windows and Mac Os)
without any difference.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Patrick

Apr 7, 2011, 1:14:45 PM4/7/11
to google-...@googlegroups.com
I have the same problem. Anyone have a solution ?

Apr 7, 2011, 1:16:26 PM4/7/11
to google-...@googlegroups.com
I am using XP and Firefox.

andrew

Apr 12, 2011, 3:27:29 PM4/12/11
to google-...@googlegroups.com
same problem here.  the stock prices do update in the portfolio view, though.

Close

Apr 12, 2011, 7:05:22 AM4/12/11
to Google Finance
Same issue (Safari 5.0.4, Mac OS X 10.6.7).

Close

Apr 12, 2011, 7:23:37 AM4/12/11
to Google Finance
Charts are still updating though.

Mstar71

Apr 11, 2011, 11:31:54 AM4/11/11
to Google Finance
Patrick, I don't believe this has anything to do with your browser. If
you notice the time stamp under a quote now, it's about 20 min
delayed. At least for the ETFs that I check regularly, like TNA and
BGU. Bye Bye Google, time for a new solution.

Mark S.

des

Apr 12, 2011, 4:01:11 PM4/12/11
to Google Finance
Yup I have this problem too, I was pulling my hair out about it.

Tried Firefox and Chrome on Linux Ubuntu. Used to work a few weeks
ago.

Please fix it, so handy to see stocks ticking up/down in real time.

thanks

Zapatista

Apr 5, 2011, 9:47:37 AM4/5/11
to Google Finance
Yes, I also noticed this a few weeks ago. Used to get NYSE ETF quotes
up to the second. Now I can see there is a 15 minute delay. I could
not find any info on google finance if they changed their policy or
some settings changes might have happened.

Tools902

Apr 8, 2011, 12:06:58 PM4/8/11
to Google Finance
I've experienced the same thing. I've checked it on WinXP and Win 7
with various browsers and it is the same in all. The interesting
thing is that if you have an index in your portfolio view, the index
items (like S&P 500, NASDAQ, etc.) refresh but the individual stock
listing don't.

Google Finance Guide

Apr 13, 2011, 4:22:18 PM4/13/11
to Google Finance
Thanks for reporting this everyone. We're looking into it now.

Google Finance Guide

Apr 13, 2011, 4:26:47 PM4/13/11
to Google Finance
Thanks for reporting this everyone. We're looking into it now.

paulmo

Apr 7, 2011, 1:46:19 PM4/7/11
to Google Finance
Ditto! It's not a browser problem; it's a Google problem. Note that
charts update in real time, but the prices are not.

TSchumannHH

Apr 16, 2011, 12:13:39 PM4/16/11
to Google Finance
Yes, it´s the same with Mac OS and Firefox, Safari and Chrom: The
charts update, the prices do not!

Please have a look, whether this is a bug or a miss-configuration.

matt25

Apr 15, 2011, 2:52:40 PM4/15/11
to Google Finance
I have the same issue too that I noticed in the same recent time
frame, and really miss the auto-update feature. I also have XP and
Firefox 3.6.16.

Patrick A. Nast

Apr 28, 2011, 3:00:50 PM4/28/11
to Google Finance
Hi all,
seems to be fixed by Google and works again like a charm. On my
desktop as well as on my iPhone. Thank you, Google.

Happy trading and nice weekend.

Close

Apr 28, 2011, 3:42:51 PM4/28/11
to Google Finance
Nothing changed for me...

Close

Apr 29, 2011, 10:08:50 AM4/29/11
to Google Finance
Well, today it is working! Great!

Close

Apr 29, 2011, 11:06:05 AM4/29/11
to Google Finance
The quotes are working, the graphs are working, but the other
indicators are still not updated, like Range, Open, Vol / Avg., Mkt
cap etcetera. Don't remember if they were streaming in the past,
though.

sim

May 4, 2011, 8:28:37 AM5/4/11
to Google Finance
I noticed that the stock quotes are up to date on initial load but
after a few seconds they become delayed by a couple of minutes, chart
also becomes wonky. Happens to pretty much every real time symbol.
It's been a couple of months since the last time charting worked fine.

Alex Sherwood

Jul 8, 2012, 2:29:57 PM7/8/12
to google-...@googlegroups.com

I've experienced a slightly different issue with stocks in my portfolio not auto updating on the Finance front page unless they're displayed under my recent quotes. Has anyone else had this issue? I'd like to find a way to make the auto update work without having to maintain my recent quotes.

vivek choraria

Oct 4, 2013, 12:58:22 AM10/4/13
to google-...@googlegroups.com
I have been facing the same problem..the stock prices are updated automatically but all the major indices do not refresh themselves..please look into the matter