Equity tickers to link in Google sheet

Rondy Yunanda

Mar 26, 2018, 11:29:39 PM3/26/18
to Google Finance
Hello, is there any update on tickers? I'm having a spreadsheet that links various stocks in various markets but now most seems to show N/A on their price / name, etc... and I can't figure out what is their new ticker in google finance. HELP!

=GOOGLEFINANCE(A13,"name") =GOOGLEFINANCE(A13,"PRICE") *WHERE A13 = TICKER

ctz69

Mar 27, 2018, 9:34:35 AM3/27/18
to Google Finance
I'm having the same problem.  It's not the tickers, they are fine when entered directly in Google Finance.  The problem seems to be within the sheets calls.

Bob Shott

Mar 29, 2018, 12:06:58 AM3/29/18
to Google Finance
It seems that the google finance price call is broken when you add the market to the end of the stock price, ie BNS.TO
I can use BNS as the stock ticker and it happens to give the Canadian price.
However, when I use something like XIN, I get a real estate company listed on the NYSE instead of XIN.TO which is an international index on the TSE.
With a price around $5 for one and $25 for the latter, it had a shocking effect on my protfolio.

Any of my USA based stocks work just fine. If the stock ticker is in multiple markets, the finance call just picks the USA first.

So basically, in the eyes of google finance, the Canadian market doesn't exist :)

Ray Benedick

Mar 29, 2018, 12:06:58 AM3/29/18
to Google Finance
I have this problem also. The problem began when the 3/23 Google Sheets update is applied. Although it is a free app it would be helpful for google to fix a release of bad code. It is a google sheets issue not an APP issue because the problem occurs through browser use or APP use. Either way I have found it occurred with the release  from that date.

genericf...@gmail.com

Mar 29, 2018, 12:06:58 AM3/29/18
to Google Finance
Looks like the errors from the other day are fixed.  At least for my sheets.

Brandon Ford

Mar 29, 2018, 12:06:58 AM3/29/18
to Google Finance
Same here. Would really like this fixed :/

John Hunter

Mar 29, 2018, 12:06:58 AM3/29/18
to Google Finance
I am having issues with ticker for the Closed-end Fund UTG.
the finance page returns the correct data, the sheets call is returning data for"

 UNITE Group plc
LON: UTG

Mike Tallman

Mar 29, 2018, 12:06:58 AM3/29/18
to Google Finance
I am having the same issue.   sheets can't find some symbols and   a couple are pulling the name from London exchange rather then US.

very annoying.  but reminds me that using google sheets may not be the best choice for tracking investments.

genericf...@gmail.com

Mar 29, 2018, 12:06:58 AM3/29/18
to Google Finance
I also see N/A for several symbols.  In one case, it is looking up and displaying the wrong data.
=GoogleFinance("rbs","price")  returns price of $259.83 (at time of post)

RBS - Royal Bank of Scotland - $7.45 (at time of post)

And now it seems I'm not getting any finance data back in search results.

Your search - royal back of scotland - did not match any finance results.

Show web results for royal back of scotland instead.

Suggestions:

  • Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
  • Try different keywords.
  • Try more general keywords.
  • Try fewer keywords.

vspi...@gmail.com

Mar 29, 2018, 12:06:58 AM3/29/18
to Google Finance
ToKarolina

finca

Mar 29, 2018, 12:07:06 AM3/29/18
to Google Finance
I am having the same problem. Also, certain tickers are returning incorrect pricing data.

g.t.gri...@gmail.com

Mar 29, 2018, 9:44:06 AM3/29/18
to Google Finance
For everyone with this issue, state the tickers in this format:
EXCHANGE_CODE:TICKER

in this way, it always works. Example: NASDAQ:TSLA , or LON:GPOR