Ticker symbols for market indexes

Chuck Charlton

Nov 5, 2010, 12:46:21 AM11/5/10
to Google Finance
I found these ticker symbols that work in Google Finance:

indu
.inx
.ixic
.gsptse
.n225
sha:000001
.hsi
.twii
.axjo
.bsesn
.stoxx50e
.fchi
.ftas
.ftse

Are their others? Is there a comprehensive list somewhere?

Thanks

Karolina (Google Employee)

Dec 2, 2010, 4:43:35 PM12/2/10
to Google Finance
Hi Chuck,

I don't think such a list exists. In general if you search for the
name of the index Google Finance will find the correct ticker symbol
for you. And if you find that we're missing some major indexes, feel
free to let us know.

- Karolina

Dominique Mallegni

Aug 9, 2012, 4:51:16 AM8/9/12
to google-...@googlegroups.com
I checked those 4 tickers this morning and they work well, but I have a problem whit the Paris CAC 40 ticker "PX1" which stopped loading data
since one week and still do not load data this morning.
You are more lucky than me !

Le lundi 6 août 2012 19:58:23 UTC+2, Pat a écrit :
Hello,

These were working for me up until last week but know they stopped loading data. Did something change?

.DJI
.IXIC
.INX
.NYA

Thanks!

Pat

Aug 9, 2012, 12:23:31 PM8/9/12
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Those 4 indexes started working again. I wish there wasn't a limit on the number of google finance functions allowed in a spreadsheet.

Dominique Mallegni

Sep 3, 2012, 8:19:10 AM9/3/12
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Carolina
The Paris "CAC 40" index ticker "PX1" http://www.google.com/finance?cid=9237947
worked until the beginning of August in my Google Docs but currently stopped loading data.

=GoogleFinance("PX1","price") returns no data
when for example another one works good. =GoogleFinance(".DJI","price")

Could you please help to fix it or tell me if something changed in the way to request this Paris ticker ?

Thank you

football

Sep 5, 2017, 10:34:47 PM9/5/17
to Google Finance, kn...@google.com
what's the tick for SHA:600036 in google sheets? I tried this but it didn't work. that's the code in google finance.

JUAN CARLOS LEYVA QUIROGA

Dec 31, 2018, 12:33:01 AM12/31/18
to Google Finance
Hello! I'm having a lot of trouble getting the ticker for the Mexian Bolsa Index (IPC)... any ideas? :) Merry Christmas

Darek W

Jul 14, 2020, 10:36:30 PM7/14/20
to Google Finance
Hi,

It looks like there is no ticker for XRP/Ripple crypto currency, while other tickers for common cryptos work pretty well, ex. for BTC, ETH, LTC.

Is there any chance to make XRP available as well ?

Thanks

Dariusz

Chuckx Stephens

Jul 28, 2020, 5:21:32 PM7/28/20
to Google Finance
For those of you who want to use the S&P 500 Total Return Index as a portfolio benchmark the following is working for me.

SP500TR