gold price

Thiago Leobons

Apr 3, 2012, 10:17:43 PM4/3/12
to Google Finance
how do I get the gold spot price in here and also other commodities? I
know that you have it but I always have to look for google finance
gold on google to get to the page. how can i get to it from inside
google finance?
Thanks

John Gilmour

Apr 3, 2012, 10:21:12 PM4/3/12
to google-...@googlegroups.com
I use this:  http://www.kitco.com/charts/livesilver.html

John Gilmour
www.JcGilmour.ca
cell: 905-964-0614
phone: 905-346-3488
Computer Service, Sales & More
Special Dell P4 2.8, DDR2, SATA  XP pro, $199 no tax!

Thiago Leobons

Apr 3, 2012, 10:38:06 PM4/3/12
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Kitco is nice, I was just trying to find a way to centralize all the information in google finance if I could. Thanks
--
Thiago Leobons
7894-6649

John Gilmour

Thiago Leobons

Apr 3, 2012, 10:45:49 PM4/3/12
to google-...@googlegroups.com
they do have it (  http://www.google.com/finance?catid=us-64980108 ) I just can't navigate to it from GF's home page.

John Gilmour

Thiago Leobons

Apr 3, 2012, 10:55:42 PM4/3/12
to google-...@googlegroups.com
bazaar?

John Gilmour

Alex (Google Finance team)

Apr 4, 2012, 10:15:02 AM4/4/12
to google-...@googlegroups.com
We don't have the spot prices on GF currently. For now if you want to see the general trend you can use the Gold & Silver sector summary (a little hard to find: http://www.google.com/finance?catid=us-64980108) or the SPDR gold trust ETF (http://www.google.com/finance?q=NYSEARCA:GLD).

HTH
Alex

Thiago Leobons

Apr 4, 2012, 10:30:45 AM4/4/12
to google-...@googlegroups.com
how do I navigate to this gold and silver page from the home screen?

Thiago Leobons
7894-6649

Alex (Google Finance team)

Apr 4, 2012, 10:36:57 AM4/4/12
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Yeah I agree it's a little hard to find. For some reason it doesn't turn up in the search box; I'll see if we can fix that.

Starting at google.com/finance
1. scroll down to the "sector summary" near the bottom and click "basic materials"
2. Look for "subcategories" on the right-hand side under the news and click "gold & silver"

If you haven't looked at the sector summaries before, please poke around and let us know what you think.

thanks
Alex

Thiago Leobons

Apr 4, 2012, 10:53:23 AM4/4/12
to google-...@googlegroups.com
yeah, I would say it's just a little buried in the site ;) Thanks

Thiago Leobons
7894-6649

Karolina (Google Finance team)

Javier Odom

Jan 7, 2015, 11:15:24 AM1/7/15
to google-...@googlegroups.com
This would be a nice feature, but it seems as though Google has abandoned this for now.  Too bad.  Until then, as others have mentioned kitco is the place to go.

On Wednesday, May 8, 2013 7:39:18 PM UTC-7, Nyan Lin wrote:
Hi Alex,

the sector summary is broken. i like this feature very much. will this feature be back?

Thanks.