Re: Google Stock Screener broken. Support Request - Google finance team.

Robert Farrell

May 28, 2015, 10:57:53 PM5/28/15
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Yes I am experiencing this problem too. I used Google Stock Screener all the time but now the Google Stock Screener is broken and I cannot. Once I drag the Maked Cap or some other criteria it redisplays and breaks. It is listed as one of the top 5 stock screeners, often number one, so it is quite disappointing.It breaks on several browsers including Safari and Firefox.

On Monday, May 19, 2014 at 10:44:33 AM UTC-4, Andrei Borlea wrote:
The Google Stock Screener service seems to break while changing screening criteria. Screener loads just fine at first. The issue persisted for a couple of days now while I was trying to access it trough different browsers and PCs. Hope the Google finance team takes a look into this. Thank you!
Message has been deleted

Nick Johnson

Apr 12, 2016, 6:35:22 AM4/12/16
to Google Finance
2 years later and I'm still having this issue

mkaczorsr

Feb 20, 2018, 12:23:57 AM2/20/18
to Google Finance
I still have this problem too. I tried to post a new topic because I think I see the problem but it has not shown up, maybe there is a delay since there are no new topics this month. After I make a change the page refreshes to a url that is broken. If I edit that url by replacing "?ei=.....#" with "/" the page loads again properly. The obvious down side is that with each change I must again correct the url. I made a script for tampermonkey / greasemonkey that corrects the page automatically. If you'd like to try it I've posted it below though I can't guarantee it will work indefinitely.

// ==UserScript==
// @name         Google Stock Screener Fix
// @namespace    http://tampermonkey.net/
// @version      0.1
// @author       Me
// @include      https://finance.google.com/finance*
// @grant        none
// ==/UserScript==

var pgurl = encodeURIComponent(document.URL);
var newurl;
if (pgurl.search("stockscreener")>-1 && pgurl.match(/%3F/g).length>1){

var rem=pgurl.substring(pgurl.search("%3F"),pgurl.search("%23")+3);
    newurl
=pgurl.replace(rem, "%2F");
    window
.location=decodeURIComponent(newurl);