Can historical data incorporate dividends? Yahoo does.

1 422 megtekintés
Ugrás az első olvasatlan üzenetre

play it safe

olvasatlan,
2012. jan. 4. 10:46:012012. 01. 04.
– Google Finance
All stock charts (that I've found) display the price, but exclude the
effect of dividends.
This makes comparing income funds very inaccurate.
Yahoo has a historical data download which incorporates dividends.
So far, Yahoo is the only source I've found for the data.
I would prefer to use Google for this purpose.

Any chance Google can improve the historical data to incorporate the
effect of dividends?

Karolina (Google Finance Product Manager)

olvasatlan,
2012. jan. 11. 20:08:282012. 01. 11.
– Google Finance
Thank you for your suggestion. We've considered adding this in the
past but it wasn't clear there was demand for this feature.
To get a better idea of your request, if we were to implement this,
would you like to see dividend-adjusted charts as just an option you
can turn on, or do you think they should be the default?

- Karolina

Frank

olvasatlan,
2012. jan. 17. 21:46:322012. 01. 17.
– Google Finance
You know dividends are trickier than they first appear. I calculate
returns and volatility and just need the dividend amount and the ex-
dividend date to adjust the prior close. I take the dividend data from
Yahoo.

To compare income funds, dividend paying stocks, ..., it is a little
tricky to get what you really want. You generally want to reinvest the
dividends from a stock or fund into that stock or fund. For this you
need the dividend amount and pay date so you can "buy" more stock on
that date. If you want to punt you could always just buy the
additional stock or fund on the ex-dividend date.

I'm wrestling with this so that I can compare returns from an
arbitrary starting point for high yield stocks.

On Jan 11, 7:08 pm, "Karolina (Google Finance Product Manager)"
> > effect ofdividends?- Hide quoted text -

systrader

olvasatlan,
2014. ápr. 2. 4:03:462014. 04. 02.
– google-...@googlegroups.com
Sadly, anything unadjusted for dividends is useless for most people analyzing financial series. Google should most definitely at least incorporate an "adjusted close" field into the historical dataset like Yahoo does. Lack of this feature means I won't use Google Finance for much of anything. There is a clear demand for this as I've talked with tens of investors/traders who are missing this.

D Forrest Wilson

olvasatlan,
2014. máj. 28. 10:15:162014. 05. 28.
– google-...@googlegroups.com, kn...@google.com
Karolina,

I know this is two years old, but it would be much more informative to investors to include the dividend.

Thanks,

Forrest

Kia Rio

olvasatlan,
2016. márc. 11. 7:10:582016. 03. 11.
– Google Finance
Completely Agree. I was shocked to find out, Google finance doesn't include Dividends, and I have been using this tool for personal investing....
Returns are always absolute returns. and CHARTS BY DEFAULT MUST INCORPORATE DIVIDENDS. Date would depend ex-dvidend date or the day after. on NAV change. POINT BEING, JUST RETURNS ARE TOTAL RETURNS. Else, this chart is uselesss, and DANGEROUS AND MISLEADING TO CAPITAL MARKETs. Imagine people picking a WORsE fund to invest, when in reality there are funds that offer better total returns. I HATE THIS WORLD! period. There is so much, cheating, misinformation. I just hate this world.

davidicus no last name. like Sting. Or Madonna. Or something like that.

olvasatlan,
2016. ápr. 12. 6:35:232016. 04. 12.
– Google Finance, kn...@google.com
been craving the ability to pull dividend data into Google Sheets now for years. not sure why they never supported that one (can get dividend and yield for mutual funds, but not regular equities). it's kinda nuts.

Lucas Pinheiro

olvasatlan,
2017. júl. 11. 22:11:472017. 07. 11.
– Google Finance
Now, that yahoo finance API has discontinued its service, I'm unable to get the adjusted close data.

Is Google Finance planning to implement this new data in a close future?

Regards,
Lucas

davidicus no last name. like Sting. Or Madonna. Or something like that.

olvasatlan,
2017. júl. 12. 21:42:432017. 07. 12.
– Google Finance
API: DIVIDENDS!

Sandro Kich

olvasatlan,
2019. márc. 6. 3:31:152019. 03. 06.
– Google Finance
Has the issue of adjustment for dividend and split already been resolved?

Kimberly Smith

olvasatlan,
2019. márc. 22. 17:35:432019. 03. 22.
– Google Finance
Why is it so inaccurate, it is due to the fact that it runs all my Jason files okay .... It only shows all of alphabet Inc Google Inc and Google LLC it has nothing to do with Google finance thank you...
Válasz mindenkinek
Válasz a szerzőnek
Továbbítás
0 új üzenet