Add the time of last update??

Harvey Walters

Apr 12, 2012, 7:23:03 PM4/12/12
to Google Finance
How about adding the timestamp of the most recent update so it's easy
to see how current the quotes are?

Karolina (Google Finance Product Manager)

Apr 18, 2012, 3:35:42 PM4/18/12
to Google Finance
Hello Harvey,

The prices do all have a timestamp - it's right below the quote.

Hope this helps,
Karolina

Harvey Walters

Apr 18, 2012, 6:52:55 PM4/18/12
to Google Finance
Not sure why I don't see that. I'm looking at the market summary data
on my igoogle page.

On Apr 18, 3:35 pm, "Karolina (Google Finance Product Manager)"

StephenWalkley

Apr 19, 2012, 1:56:15 AM4/19/12
to google-...@googlegroups.com
You can see the time of last update when you look at the detail pages of any particular share.   Though it differs from other reporting organisation (e.g London Stock Exchange web site),  I quite like the fact that the actual last deal price is quoted rather than a fictitious mid price.  However I do think need to look at situation where there are no deals on a particular day.  I have a share that is currently suspended (LON:MRG).  Every day it shows what happened the day it was suspended making the performance figures (gain and loss) on the portfolio wrong - though the total value is correct.  Why not update the last price to the last days close.  In my example It shows every morning at 6.07p but the moment the market open that shows as a 0.68 loss on the share down to 6.07p.

It may be that I just don't like being reminded of the loss! But it also works if no trades are done just because it was a quiet day in that share.