DOW average delayed 15 minutes?

Pete Johnson

Nov 16, 2011, 10:51:11 AM11/16/11
to Google Finance
Just recently (this week) I have noticed that the DOW average is being
delayed 15 minutes in the portfolio view. When I click on it for
detail, it is up to the minute. Is anyone else seeing this? Did a
setting change? I don't have the same problem with Nasdaq or S&P 500.

Pete

Frank

Nov 21, 2011, 8:23:57 AM11/21/11
to Google Finance
Same on the main page. You have to refresh a page to get the real time
DJIA. Other US indices are real time. Dow Jones charges +$$$ for auto
update real time.

Karolina (Google Finance Product Manager)

Nov 21, 2011, 4:02:53 PM11/21/11
to Google Finance
Thank you Frank for clarifying - that's exactly right, you can get a
realtime value by simply refreshing the page.

- Karolina

Frank

Nov 21, 2011, 4:08:51 PM11/21/11
to Google Finance
Just to show I'm fair, Yahoo Finance has been missing the DJIA on my
IE 8 Vista system all day.

On Nov 21, 3:02 pm, "Karolina (Google Finance Product Manager)"

> > > Pete- Hide quoted text -

Brian

Mar 17, 2015, 6:44:00 PM3/17/15
to google-...@googlegroups.com, kn...@google.com
Karolina,

I just posted the "new topic" below today 3-17-15 and thought I would mention it on this page/thread as well. Any feedback is helpful.

"Dow Jones Industrial Average (.INDEXDJX:.DJI) -- Not Real-Time""

"Equities on Google Finance display real-time quotes automatically without refreshing the page. The Dow Jones Index however will not show a new quote unless you refresh the page. Is there any way to correct this issue??"