Google Finance API Stopped Working

Gaganpreet Kaur

Sep 7, 2017, 5:24:13 AM9/7/17
to Google Finance
I was using google finance api for my website. But don't know why it stopped working before yesterday. Does anyone know the reason that why it stopped working and if it will work after sometime or stopped forever.

Thanks.

Ran Kremer

Sep 7, 2017, 7:34:31 AM9/7/17
to Google Finance
Hi,
I have the same problem - historical data view for stocks stopped since September 5th
Anyone knows what happened?
Thanks

Andrew

Sep 7, 2017, 6:59:34 PM9/7/17
to Google Finance
Yeah, was wondering if men over there are on strike? :)

Scott Spence

Sep 7, 2017, 10:40:20 PM9/7/17
to Google Finance
Same problem here, can't find anything on it.

Brian B

Sep 7, 2017, 11:14:44 PM9/7/17
to Google Finance
My friends... i have the answer. I've been tweaking code between Yahoo finance and Google finance for YEARS.... completely at the whim of whoever changed the code for whatever reason.  I've decided to to bail on google and yahoo... check out intrinio.com.  Its free.... FREE and 1000% more than google finance offers. They have API CSV downloads and integrating it took me about 2 hours.  There's already stuff on stack overflow about it. No, i dont work for intrinio... just finally glad to see free API downloads from a seemingly reputable source.

Cheers!

Gaganpreet Kaur

Sep 13, 2017, 1:05:54 AM9/13/17
to Google Finance
Thanks so much Brian B for suggestion. I will refer to intrinio.com.